Recent Terre Haute South graduate Lauren England placed fourth in girls discus on Saturday at the Midwest Meet of Champions.
England, who finished third in the state in the event a week earlier, had a best throw of 140 feet, 4 inches.
As a team Indiana placed third in both boys and girls competition against Michigan and Ohio.
• Post 346 rained out — A scheduled three-team round-robin American Legion event for Wayne Newton Post 346 featuring Evansville Funkhouser and Danville (Ill.) was rained out on Sunday.
Post 346 plays Rockport at Vincennes on Tuesday.
• Edgewood 3, Silver Creek 1 — At Mooresville, the Mustangs won the Class 3A Southern Semistate.
They will meet Andrean for the 3A state title. Andrean blanked Yorktown 5-0 in the Northern Semistate.
• State titles decided — Indiana High School Athletic Association champions were decided on Saturday with games played at Bittenger Stadium at Purdue University.
Class A — Indianapolis Lutheran 4, Pioneer 1
Class 2A — Bremen 2, Tecumseh 1
Class 3A — New Palestine 10, Yorktown 0, seven innings
Class 4A — Center Grove 1, Leo 0
• VU signs four, including Brown — Vincennes University women’s basketball coach Harry Meeks has added four recruits to the 2019-20 roster.
The Trailblazers’ incoming class includes guard Amani Brown of Terre Haute South; guard Elena Aznar of Zaragoza, Spain; forward Macy Michels of Teutopolis, Ill.; and center Codou Ndour of Tivaouane, Senegal.
“I think they will mesh well with who we have,” said Meeks of the signing class. “We have three returning all-district players [Fess Hawkins, Jhala Henry and Jaynice Stovall] along with returning freshman Reeva Hammelman. If these players come in here and do what they’re supposed to do, we should have a pretty good basketball team.
"It’s been a while since I had four kids returning who I thought could really play. With these four sophomores and then you add the freshmen to the mix, I think every player on the team can play. We hope to have a good year and be a challenge to the Wabash Valleys of the world.”
The 2018-2019 Trailblazers finished 23-8, losing to top-ranked Wabash Valley in the district championship game.
• Eastern Greene hires alum — Eastern Greene High School has hired 1995 grad Jamie Hudson as its boys basketball coach.
Hudson formerly had coached at Bloomfield and Bedford North Lawrence.
• Seavey takes title — Rain wiped out the final event on the U.S. Auto Club Indiana Midget Week card on Sunday at Kokomo, giving Logan Seavey the title.
Seavey won the first race at Montpelier and had top finishes in all but one of the other four races. Other feature winners were Justin Grant, Tanner Thorson, Tyler Courtney and Chris Windom.
Courtney and Thorson tied for second in the final totals.
Final IMW points — Logan Seavey 352, Tanner Thorson 316, Tyler Courtney 316, Shane Golobic 276, Chris Windom 267.