The Linton Miners won the Indiana Class 2A basketball title Saturday 70-28 over Frankton in Bankers Life Fieldhouse at Indianapolis
As featured on
The Linton Miners made Bankers Life their own on Saturday — "I'd like to play all our games here," coach Jared Rehmel joked after the game — and shot at a record pace for two quarters, handing Frankton a merciless 70-28 beating in the Class 2A state championship game.
The record books started coming out before the first half was over. Linton's Miners wound up writing their way into the Class 2A girls state championship annals at least four times Saturday.
This Week's Circulars
- Man hospitalized, juvenile arrested after beating with ball bat
- Clinkenbeard returns home to recover from traumatic injuries
- Vigo County Jail Log: May 31, 2020
- With some changes, ISU returns to campus in the fall
- Vigo again sees increase in COVID-19 cases
- UPDATE: Man charged with battery for striking woman with water bottle; 7 others charged with obstruction as protests resume
- Kurt Thomas, first US man to win world gym title, dies at 64
- Goodwin, Fisher win contested Vigo commissioners races
- 'We Just Want Peace': Saturday protests in Terre Haute got more intense as day went on
- Remembering recent West Vigo grad