Named one of the world’s top Christmas destinations last year by Forbes Magazine, Santa Claus, Indiana, will host the 2012 Santa Claus Christmas Celebration the first three weekends of December.
This celebration full of family events and activities will be staged on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays beginning Nov. 30. Holiday events throughout America’s Christmas Hometown include:
• Santa Claus Land of Lights: Family Christmas Light Adventure at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
• Grand opening of the newly restored 1856 Santa Claus Post Office at the Santa Claus Museum & Village
• Santa Claus Arts & Crafts Shows in three locations
• Santa’s Great Big LED Tree of Lights
• Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire and Christmas Wood Carving Demonstrations at Santa’s Candy Castle
• Christmas Dinner with Santa at Santa’s Lodge
• Buffalo & Mistletoe at Buffalo Run Farm, Grill & Gifts
• America’s Christmas Hometown Pageant
“The town celebrates Christmas 365 days a year, but goes all out during December,” says Melissa Brockman, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. “Lodging packages and special events each weekend offer families a great way to spend time together during the holiday season.”
Weekend lodging specials are available at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Santa’s Cottages, Santa’s Lodge, and the Rockport Comfort Inn & Suites.
For more information about the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration call 888-444-9252 or visit www.SantaClausInd.org/
Also, find Santa Claus, Indiana, on the Visitor Bureau’s free app for iPhones and Androids by searching “Holiday World & More!” and on any mobile device at m.SantaClausInd.org.