The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement Wednesday and Thursday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Shane T. Purcell, 27, 10 block of Main, Williamsport. Booked 11:12 a.m. Failure to appear on felony charge.
• Richard A. Gussler, 30, 800 block of South 10th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 11:34 a.m. Possession of a synthetic drug or look-alike substance.
• Shawna L. Cunning, 32, 1300 block of North 12th, Terre Haute. Booked 12:40 p.m. Domestic battery; domestic battery committed in physical presence of a child less than 16; and possession of marijuana, hash oil, hashish or salvia.
• Angela M. Lewis, 49, 1800 block of Riverbirch Court, Terre Haute. Booked 12:41 p.m. Battery resulting in bodily injury and neglect of a dependent.
• Darius M. Cooper, 27, 6800 block of Eagle Point Lane, Indianapolis. Booked 2 p.m. Court order.
• Joshawa S. Collins, 34, 200 block of West Harris Street, Sullivan. Booked 4:01 p.m. Parole violation.
• Gabrielle E. Sappington, 24, 1200 block of North 11th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 11:08 p.m. Out-of-county warrant.
• Brennon L. Vanatti, 23, 1600 block of Country Walk Court, Terre Haute. Booked 12:23 a.m. Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (three counts).
• Jeremy R. Gilbert, 42, 300 block of Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 12:20 p.m. Possession of methamphetamine and manufacture/dealing methamphetamine.
• Randall L. Kopernak, 33, 10 block of South Eaton Avenue, Muncie. Booked 3:15 p.m. Possession of methamphetamine and manufacture/dealing methamphetamine.
• Levante McConnell, 24, no address available. Booked 3:57 p.m. No valid driver's license, operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license and criminal mischief.
• Michael L. Bell, 28, 10 block of Washington Street, Clay City. Booked 3:58 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Justin Hodge, 35, 10 block of East Madison Street, Paris, Ill. Booked 6:23 p.m. Possession of paraphernalia.
• Samantha J. Schatz, 29, 3200 block of East Sycamore Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 9:30 p.m. Domestic battery, possession of methamphetamine and criminal trespass.
• Holly L. Ramirez, 32, 600 block of North 25th, Terre Haute. Booked 9:40 p.m. Auto theft.
• Logan K. Euratte, 27, 200 block of Adams Boulevard, Terre Haute. Booked 12:20 a.m. Possession of a controlled substance; resisting law enforcement; criminal mischief; possession of marijuana, hash oil, hashish or salvia; and false reporting.
• Patrisha K. Fortner, 41, 400 block of North Fourth Street, Farmersburg. Booked 12:39 a.m. Possession of methamphetamine and manufacture/dealing methamphetamine.
• Mychal D. Noble, 30, 2300 block of Prairie Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 2:35 a.m. Possession of methamphetamine.
• Ashley McDaniel, 34, Fontanet. Booked 3:23 a.m. Out-of-county warrant, receiving stolen property and resisting law enforcement.
• Brenton W. Smitley, 47, 23800 block of East 2000th Road, Dennison, Ill. Booked 4:25 a.m. Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (two counts), intimidation and leaving the scene of a property damage crash.
• Rocky J. Hamburg, 34, no address available. Booked 4:55 a.m. Out-of-county warrant.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.