Roger Penske has reversed course and decided not to allow fans at the Indianapolis 500 later this month. The 104th running of “The Great American Race” will be the first without spectators, who showed up at Indianapolis Motor Speedway every year, even during the Great Depression.
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement Friday and Saturday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
The United Way of the Wabash Valley today announced it is soliciting proposals to expand financial literacy training, coaching and/or mentoring in the Wabash Valley.
The U.S. Department of Justice has scheduled two executions for September at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute, home to the federal penal system’s death row and its only working death chamber.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana today filed a lawsuit against the Indiana State Police on behalf of Death Penalty Action, Indiana Abolition Coalition, Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Indiana, and individuals who protested and stood vigil in opposition to the July executions at the Terre Haute Federal Penitentiary.
Today's online Comics and Puzzles featuring Sudoku, the Jumble, the Cryptogram and the Crossword puzzle in pdf format. Click on the pdf file of the feature you wish to view or download.
Amid raindrops Monday, the Wabash Valley Girls Softball League broke ground on a new 6,400-square-foot training facility next to its softball field at 2601 N. 19th St.
This Week's Circulars
- One dead, another man hospitalized in Sunday night shooting
- Victim of Wednesday parking lot shooting in Terre Haute ID'd
- UPDATE: Parking lot shooting leaves 1 dead
- Man admits guilt in 2017 DUI crash that killed retired Parke County sheriff, wife
- Vigo County School Corp. delays start of school one week
- Woman arrested following Sunday stabbing
- UPDATE: Man killed in Terre Haute road rage shooting ID'd
- Two long runways, history might help bring fighter jets back to Hulman Field
- Vigo County Jail Log: July 31, 2020
- Toddler dies in Raccoon Lake incident