How can it be possible that the end of the school year is two weeks away? This is the time when students and teachers count down the days to summer vacation.
Last week I spent about an hour in the law office of state Rep. Greg Steuerwald, a Republican who wanted to talk about something “unbelievable.” It was HEA 1006, a sprawling police reform bill that passed and was signed by Gov. Eric Holcomb without a single dissenting vote.
They've been playing the state high school basketball tournament in Indiana since 1910. In all that time, a woman had never coached a boys varsity team in the Madison County area.
A state law passed this session of the Indiana General Assembly will require Indiana middle school students to complete a one-semester civics education course, which is an excellent way to get kids started on the right track to being active participants in our democracy.
During the Spanish flu pandemic a century ago, Indiana Gov. James P. Goodrich and President Woodrow Wilson barely played a role in the public response, despite the fact that it killed an estimated 10,000 Hoosiers.
When it comes to the nationwide orgy of undemocratic voter-suppression efforts undertaken this year by Republican legislatures, Indiana has been one of the lucky ones. So far.
I’ve always thought most politicians are liars. I figured out why as soon as I was old enough to vote. The reason is simple. If a politician tells the truth all the time, chances are he or she could not get elected most of the time.
On May 9, we will celebrate Mother’s Day. This past year has more than ever called forth the fact that mothers are so important to the education of our children.
This Week's Circulars
Sonja Prevo, 67, of Marshall, IL passed away Friday, May 15, 2021. Funeral services will be 10:00 AM Wednesday at Pearce Funeral Home. Visitation will be 4-7 PM Tuesday at the funeral home. www.pearcefuneralservices.com
- Chief bans former officer from special police department access
- UPDATE: Rockville woman in stable condition after head-on collision in Parke County
- VCSC security chief resigns
- Missing Terre Haute woman found in Clay County ravine
- 47 years later, Three Dog Night will play Terre Haute again
- Vigo jury acquits on murder charge, convicts on lesser counts
- 3 arrested in pursuit, shots fired at police
- Updated: Two jailed after shooting at 15th and Walnut streets
- Adult, juvenile arrested in connection with pursuit
- Vigo County Jail Log: May 14, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.