ANDERSON – Charges have been amended against the mother and stepfather of an Elwood toddler who died three days before his second birthday. Both are now charged with murder.
A cursory review of the history of public education in America reveals that there have been many ways to group students by age groups and grade levels. Of course, in the first era of public schools, one-room schoolhouses were pretty much standard. Kids from 5 to 18 (or more) years of age shared a single classroom.
In late May, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources reported that an oak-killing fungus had potentially infested rhododendrons sold in about 90 Walmart and Rural King stores across the state.
I’ve always believed that if you’re going to preach tolerance to others, you should remember it’s a two-way street with multiple lanes. That lesson was apparently lost of some of the organizers and supporters of last weekend’s Indy Pride march in downtown Indianapolis.
Sharing a welding lab with Anderson Community Schools’ D26 Career Center, Ivy Tech Community College instructor Robert L. Richwine knew what he had to do when the high school program’s teacher left mid-semester.
Rhubarb is an odd sort of produce. It is technically a vegetable, but much of the time it gets lumped in with fruit in a dessert-type recipe, and that’s OK. It has a sour taste, but as it ripens it turns from green to bright reddish/pink. The pinker it gets, the sweeter it becomes. Even then, people tend to dump a truckload of sugar in with it to make it more palatable, and that is when it becomes a problem.
When Xing Zhou emigrated from China at age 13, he and his family struggled to adjust to their new home. But they knew how to do one thing well and that was providing high-quality Asian food.
This Week's Circulars
- 'I'm sorry,' teen says as he draws 300-day sentence
- Mark Bennett: Businessmen ready to give another historic building a second life
- Miss Indiana State University named Miss Indiana
- Teen faces possible 300 days in fatal crash
- Vigo County Jail Log: June 14, 2019
- Airport focuses on developing '46 Corridor'
- IDNR officer sued, false arrest alleged
- Vigo County Jail Log: June 12, 2019
- Sullivan man faces voyeurism charges
- Driver named in crash that killed TH South junior