The Energy Assistance Program of Western Indiana Community Action Agency, Inc. has begun the 2013-2014 Winter Heating Assistance Program. In Vigo County applications for assistance will be taken on a first-come, first-served, walk-in basis.
For assistance in:
• Vigo County: walk-ins available, open at 8 a.m.; call 812-234-4517
• Clay County: by appointment; call 812-443-0122
• Putnam County: by appointment; call 765-653-4017
All offices are closed from noon to 1 p.m.
All applicants must bring the following documentation in order to apply for assistance:
• Verification of income for all household members for the past 12 months.
• Social Security cards for all household members.
• Current household heating and electric bills.
• A copy of lease/rent agreement if applicable.