TERRE HAUTE —
The 14th and Chestnut Community Center is in need of the following this holiday season:
• Tutors to help kids with homework after school from 3 to 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
• Donations to help keep the building and children warm during the cold winter months.
• Christmas Food Basket items to fill baskets for families of children. Mashed potatoes, gravy, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, stuffing, evaporated milk, pumpkin, turkeys, and more.
• Merit Mart items for children to buy for family members for Christmas.
Grumbling Tummies Cafe. The cafe serves daily snacks and dinner throughout the school year.
• Desserts and snacks (cake mixes, frosting, chips, brownie or cookie mix, snack cakes, cookies, cereal, fruit/jell-o cups, etc.).
• Meats (hamburger, pork, bacon, chicken, canned tuna/chicken, sausage, etc.).
• Fruits and veggies (produce of any kind, grapes, strawberries, canned fruit).
• Drinks (kool-aid, juice and water).
• Other items (Pam, cooking oil, sugar — white, brown, and powdered — ranch salad dressing, condiments, ziplock freezer bags, Crisco).
Mother Hubbard’s Pantry. The pantry helps people in the community in an extreme time of need.
• Boxed meals (like Hamburger Helper), mac and cheese, soup, crackers, canned fruits and vegetables, instant mashed potatoes, bread, spaghetti sauce, large cans of juice, beans, rice, cereal (dry or cooked).
• Baby diapers, wipes, baby food.
• Meats-tuna, chicken, hamburger, hot dogs, SPAM.
Merit Mart Rewards Store. The store rewards kids for good behavior. Children can spend play money they earn on hygiene products, toys, books, crafts, school supplies, etc.
• Hygiene products (shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, toothbrushes, lotions, etc.).
• Jewelry, sports equipment (balls, knee pads, baseball gloves, etc.), CDs.
• Candy bars or any other candies.
• Batteries (especially AA and AAA).
• Gifts for children to give to family members for birthdays/holidays.
Clothes Closet. Registered children can get new or gently used clothing to keep them clean and warm.
• Winter clothing for children ages 5-18.
• New socks for children of all ages.
• New underwear for girls (child small-adult XL).
• New boxers for boys (especially child sizes).
Moms Matter. Mothers can get together and encourage each other through their daily parenting struggles. Each mom in attendance is given a small gift.
• Gift baskets, lotions, bath items, candles, picture frames, and any other gift a mom might like.
• Gift cards for gas, dining out, or local grocery stores.
Building and grounds.
• Cleaning supplies (Pledge, Windex, paper towels, liquid pump hand soap, toilet bowl cleaner, Ajax detergent, liquid dish soap, Goo Gone or Murphy Oil Soap, 409, Spic and Span).
• Old cell phones or old printer cartridges (HP, Lexmark, Dell).
• 8-foot white tables for programming use.
For more information call 812-232-3126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.