TERRE HAUTE — Former Indiana State left-handed pitcher Joe Thatcher was placed on the 15-day disabled list by the San Diego Padres, retroactive to July 26, with right knee tendonitis and recalled right-handed pitcher Brad Boxberger from Triple-A Tucson this week.
Notes — Birmingham outfielder Brady Shoemaker (Northview, ISU) went 2-for-3 against Mobile starting pitcher Derek Eitel (Marshall, Rose-Hulman). Shoemaker had a double, single, then was called out on strikes. … Josh Phegley, Brian Omogrosso and Matt Zaleski of Charlotte will be in Indianapolis for a four-game series Monday through Thursday.
Transactions — Pitcher Joe Thatcher was placed on the 15-day disabled list (knee) by San Diego retroactive to July 26.
Updates on former Indiana State, Rose-Hulman, Terre Haute Rex or Wabash Valley-connected players this week.
• Clint Barmes — Barmes was 4 for 18 with three RBI in six games for Pittsburgh.
• Nevin Ashley — Ashley was 2 for 15 with one RBI in four games for Durham.
• Josh Phegley — Phegley was 1 for 9 with one double, three walks and one RBI in three games for Charlotte.
• Brady Shoemaker — Shoemaker was 7 for 31 with one double, three RBI in eight games for Birmingham.
• Ryan Strausborger — Strausborger was 7 for 26 with three doubles, one home run, three RBI, four stolen bases in eight games for Frisco.
• Nick Ciolli — Ciolli remains on the 7-day DL for Winston-Salem.
• Kyle Lafrenz — Lafrenz was 1 for 3 with one double in one game for Clearwater.
• Jeremy Lucas — Lucas was 0 for 5 with one run scored in two games for Mahoning Valley.
• Stephen Bruno — Bruno was 7 for 24 with one home run, five RBI in six games for Boise.
• Jake Eigsti — Eigsti was 8 for 30 with four doubles, one home run, three RBI in eight games for Camden.
• Pascual Del Real — Del Real was 4 for 11 with one double, one RBI in three games for Edinburg.
• Alex Guthrie — Guthrie was 0 for 2 in two games for Gateway.
• Joe Thatcher— Thatcher ws placed on the 15-day disabled list by San Diego.
• Brian Omogrosso — Omogrosso made two relief appearances for Charlotte. In a combined two innings, he allowed one run, three hits, with no walks, one strikeout. He recorded saves in both games (July 30 vs. Gwinnett, Aug. 3 at Louisville).
• Matt Zaleski — Zaleski made two starts for Charlotte. In a combined 11 2-3 innings, he allowed five runs, nine hits (three home runs), with four walks, nine strikeouts. He was the loser vs. Gwinnett, a winner at Louisville on Aug. 2.
• Mitch Stetter — Stetter made three relief appearances for Nashville. In a combined 2 1-3 innings, he allowed three runs, two hits, with one walk, four strikeouts. He was the loser vs. Albuquerque (July 29), had a blown save vs. Fresno (Aug. 1) and picked up a hold vs. Fresno (Aug. 2).
• Derek Eitel — Eitel made two starts for Mobile. In a combined 11 1-3 innings, he allowed seven runs, 16 hits (two home runs), with two walks, four strikeouts. He was the loser at Mississippi, then had a no-decision at Birmingham.
• Ryan Tatusko — Tatusko made one start for Harrisburg. On July 28 at Trenton he was the losing pitcher, going four innings, allowing five runs, eight hits, with no walks, two strikeouts.
• Jake Petricka — Petricka made two starts for Birmingham. In a combined 12 2-3 innings, he allowed five runs, 14 hits, with four walks, 11 strikeouts. He had a no-decision at Chattanooga, then was a loser vs. Jacksonville (Aug. 1).
• Colin Rea — Rea made two starts for Fort Wayne. In a combined 7 1-3 innings, he allowed eight runs, 10 hits, with three walks, 10 strikeouts. He had a no-decision vs. South Bend, then was the loser at at South Bend (Aug. 2).
• Jason Van Skike — Van Skike made one relief appearance for Kannapolis. On July 27 he had a no-decision at Delmarva, going 1 2-3 innings, allowing one run, two hits, with three walks, two strikeouts.
• Brett Merkley — Merkley made two relief appearances for Great Falls. In a combined 2 1-3 innings, he allowed no runs, one hit, with no walks, three strikeouts. He earned his fifth save at Missoula (July 28).
• Brandon Dorsett — Dorsett made two relief appearances for Bluefield. In a combined four innings, he allowed two runs (both unearned), five hits, with one walk, three strikeouts. He had his second blown save at Princeton (July 27), then recorded his second hold at Johnson City (Aug. 1).
• Dakota Bacus — Bacus made two relief appearances for AZL Athletics. In a combined four innings, he allowed one run, one hit, with no walks, five strikeouts. He picked up saves in both games, at AZL Cubs (July 27) and at AZL Brewers (Aug. 1).