TERRE HAUTE —
Tom-Cattin’ It — Creighton Tarr has been named the new athletic director at Paris (Ill.) High School and Greg Hill has been named the new AD at Greencastle High School. Hill formerly was on the staff at Brownsburg.
• Hunter Smith of Greencastle has signed to play football at Franklin College. He likely will play strong safety.
• Bloomington North baseball coach Richard Hurt recently won his 300th game at the school. He has more than 350 in his career.
• Mike Wilson is retiring as softball coach at Boonville. He has been at the school since 1986 and recently won his 600th game.
• Pairings have been set for the Big Ten-ACC men’s basketball challenge. Pairings include Indiana-Syracuse, Notre Dame-Iowa, Boston College-Purdue and Illinois-Georgia Tech.
• IU was the champ in Big Ten baseball and is the top seed in the tournament being played this week. The Hoosiers were slated to face Minnesota on Thursday after the Gophers beat Illinois on Wednesday.
• The Indianapolis Indians recently recognized their 10 millionth fan in baseball.
• Manchester won the NCAA Division III baseball regional played at Rose-Hulman and begins play today in the D-III World Series in Wisconsin.
n•Coach K is back and will be back. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, 66, says he has agreed to remain on as coach of the U.S. men’s basketball team through the 2016 Olympics. He is the leader in NCAA Division I wins with 957 and has a 62-1 international mark.
• Former IU guard Remy Abell says he will transfer to Xavier.
• TV ratings were up for The Players Championship won by Tiger Woods. He now has 78 PGA Tour wins.
Tom Reck may be contacted by phone at 812-232-3231, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 4284 S. Fifth St., Apt. 3, Terre Haute, IN 47802.