North Central senior Chase VanSchoyck broke his own state and school records for single-game rushing yards in high school football Friday night, piling up an unofficial total of 567 in his team’s 71-50 victory over host Eastern Greene.
His previous mark was 511 yards set against Riverton Parke in September 2012.
VanSchoyck also scored seven touchdowns as the Class A No. 9-ranked Thunderbirds improved to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the Southwest Conference.
North Central will welcome Riverton Parke to its field next Friday, while Eastern Greene (2-4, 1-2) will travel to Union next Saturday.
In other high school football Friday night:
• Northview 28, Vincennes Lincoln 14 — At Brazil, coach Mark Raetz’s Knights improved their record to 5-1 and won their third game in a row after rallying from a 14-0 deficit.
For Northview, Tucker Stewart passed to Tyler Rector for a touchdown and ran for another TD and Jacob Dean and Kelly Hawkins also ran for scores.
Northview will visit South Vermillion next Friday. Vincennes Lincoln (1-5) will play host to Washington.
• Rockville 43, South Vermillion 7 — At Rockville, Keiontre’ Wilkey rattled off touchdown runs of 8 and 70 yards and added a 2-point conversion run and Ben Cunningham totaled three TDs, including one on a pass from Wilkey, to lead the Rox.
South Vermillion 0 7 0 0 — 7
Rockville 14 14 9 6 — 43
R — Wilkey 8 run (Thistlethwaite kick)
R — Cunningham 2 run (Thistlethwaite kick)
SV — Dunegan 24 run (Shew kick)
R — Cunningham 1 run (kick failed)
R — Wilkey 20 run (Wilkey run)
R — Safety, South Vermillion lateraled ball out of end zone
R — Cunningham 3 pass from Wilkey (Thistlethwaite kick)
R — Lewis 19 run (kick failed)
Next — Rockville (5-1) will travel to North Vermillion next Friday. South Vermillion (1-5) will play host to Northview that same night.
• Sullivan 40, Owen Valley 33 — At Spencer, Mike Willis passed for four touchdowns and 258 yards while also rushing for another TD and 67 yards to lead the visiting Golden Arrows to a Western Indiana Conference triumph.
Michael Hutchcraft, Trevor McGill, Luke Spurlock and Brooks Weszely were on the receiving end of Willis’ TD passes.
Sullivan (4-2 overall, 2-1 WIC) will make the trip to Brown County next Friday. Owen Valley (3-3, 3-2) will visit West Vigo that same night.
• Class A No. 1 Linton 55, North Daviess 0 — At Linton, the host Miners recorded their first shutout of the season.
Linton (6-0) will play next Friday at North Knox. North Daviess (4-2) will travel to Wood Memorial that same night.
• Turkey Run 26, Riverton Parke 8 — At Marshall, Ind., the host Warriors chalked up their first victory of 2013 in convincing fashion.
Turkey Run (1-5 overall, 1-3 Wabash River Conference) will go on the road to Seeger next Friday. Riverton Parke (1-5, 0-5) will visit North Central that same night.
• Class A No. 2 North Vermillion 52, Attica 16 — At Attica, the visiting Falcons boosted their marks to 6-0 overall and 4-0 in the Wabash River Conference.
North Vermillion now prepares for its home showdown with Rockville next Friday. Attica (3-3, 2-3) will play host to Covington that same night.
• Mount Zion 70, Paris 33 — At Paris, Ill., Riley Spencer passed for 240 yards and three touchdowns for the host Tigers in their loss.
Friday’s Wabash Valley football
TH North 49, Columbus North 17
Bloomington South 28, TH South 21
Edgewood 33, West Vigo 12
North Central 71, Eastern Greene 50
Northview 28, Vincennes Lincoln 14
Rockville 43, South Vermillion 7
Sullivan 40, Owen Valley 33
Linton 55, North Daviess 0
Turkey Run 26, Riverton Parke 8
North Knox 82, Union 14
North Vermillion 52, Attica 16
Mount Zion 70, Paris 33
Newton 21, Marshall 20
Arthur-Lovington 46, Martinsville 0
Casey at Cumberland (n)
Palestine-Hutsonville at Red Hill (n)