- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Designer of Woods presidential medallion combines talents of many On Friday, when David G. Behrs was installed as the 15th president of St. Mary-of-the-Woods College, he received a very special medallion — a medallion that combined the talents of many to convey the inauguration theme, Journey of Promise.
- Pugh sets record in Woods’ victory Terre Haute freshman Erin Pugh set a school record for goals in a game by scoring four for St. Mary-of-the-Woods College in a 5-4 women’s soccer victory over visiting Iowa Wesleyan on Wednesday.
One goal is all it takes for St. Mary-of-the-Woods soccer to beat Robert Morris
Freshman Erin Pugh of Terre Haute tallied the only goal — a kick from close range in the first half — to help St. Mary-of-the-Woods blank host Robert Morris-Springfield 1-0 in women’s college soccer Wednesday.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods recognized as one of best colleges in Midwest St. Mary-of-the-Woods College earned the 19th spot among the Best Baccalaureate Colleges-Midwest in the 2008 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Butler to serve at Woods Statistics won’t tell the whole story about why Brittany Butler is another key member of the current basketball recruiting class at St. Mary-of-the-Woods.
- Woods’ Ashley Loomis ‘a tremendous force’ at national finals Rosedale’s Ashley Loomis remembers a league softball game she pitched when she was about 11. She can laugh about it now, but back then it wasn’t funny. She hit 11 opposing batters with pitches.
- Pomeroys win softball championship St. Mary-of-the-Woods left no doubt which softball team was superior in the 2007 U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association national tournament Friday and Saturday at the Roundhouse Complex.
- Woods opens national tourney with bang St. Mary-of-the-Woods won its two pool games, thumping Penn State-Beaver 11-1 and Briarcliffe 18-1 in a pair of five-inning affairs to open play in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association national softball tournament Friday at the Roundhouse Complex.
- The Woods to play for another U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association title The Pomeroys of St. Mary-of-the-Woods College may have a different softball coach this season, but their team mission is the same.
The Woods takes two softball games from county rival Rose-Hulman
“Senior Day” at St. Mary-of-the-Woods must have looked like so much fun that junior teammate Ashley Loomis thought she’d join the party.
Loomis, a former Riverton Parke High School standout, pitched a complete game in the opener, went 6 for 6
- The Woods splits two with Marian College Ashley Loomis belted two solo home runs in the first game Tuesday, but they weren’t enough to prevent a 3-2 St. Mary-of-the-Woods loss to visiting Marian College.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods greets its new leader Students, staff and faculty at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College welcomed their incoming president, David Behrs, with open arms during a reception Tuesday.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods lines up Lexee Hayes, expects solid recruiting class St. Mary-of-the-Woods will get the first of what could be a very interesting group of Wabash Valley basketball recruits at 10 a.m. Wednesday, when Northview’s Lexee Hayes signs a letter of intent at her high school.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods blows out its opponent West Vigo graduate Amber Lydick poured in 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting as Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (5-18) cruised to a 86-66 women’s basketball victory against Stephens College on Saturday.
- SMWC hires first male president David G. Behrs is making history at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College.
Rose women's basketball bakes up lopsided win over Woods
The St. Mary-of-the-Woods women’s basketball team limited Rose-Hulman to 38.1 percent shooting in the first half of their intra-county game at Hulbert Arena on Wednesday, and even held Rose-Hulman standout Rebekah Forsyth to 6 points.
It was the dictionary definition of a Pyrrhic victory.
- Power of Publishing workshop planned
- Music auditions set Saturday at The Woods
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods open house this weekend
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods prof releases second book St. Mary-of-the-Woods College professor Chris (C.S.) Marks has delved into the art of fantasy fiction again with the release of the book “Fire-heart,” the second novel in the “Tales of Alterra, the World that Is” series.
- Woods WED enrollment increases slightly St. Mary-of-the-Woods College has experienced a modest increase in the number of full-time equivalent students enrolled in the College’s Woods External Degree program, but a decline in overall enrollment.
- The Woods suspends college soccer program When the 2005 season ended with St. Mary-of-the-Woods hosting the national United State Collegiate Athletic Association women’s soccer tournament and with a relative successful season for the Pomeroys themselves, SMWC coach Mike Aycock said he and his players could have never predicted what transpired Thursday.
The Woods tabs Rodgers as softball coach
There will be no learning curve for the new St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball coach.
Gary Rodgers, a Robinson, Ill. native, was named to the post Thursday, replacing Amanda Neal. Rodgers has 32 years of junior college and high school experience as he enters his first four-year college job at SMWC.