TERRE HAUTE —
4. Need a breather? Okay: You already know that Lovellette played at Kansas and won the NCAA title in ’52. Lovellette also led the nation that in year in what key individual statistic? (a. rebounding (b. blocked shots (c. scoring average (d. field goal percentage.
5. Back to the Classic: Lovellette’s scoring total in the championship game of the 1947 Valley is the same amount as the single-game scoring record in the Pizza Hut Classic set in 2003. Who set that record? (a. South’s Armon Basset (b. Sullivan’s Jeffery Moore (c. South Vermillion’s Lauren Russell (d. Northview’s Zach Keyes.
6. Another Clyde-to-Classic connection: Lovellette had the fourth highest scoring total in four Wabash Valley games in the tournament’s history. Who has set the four-game record in the Pizza Hut Classic, and how many points did he score? (a. Northview’s Zach Keyes, 106 (b. South Vermillion’s Dana Scifres, 110 (c. Marshall’s Jake Kelly, 100 (d. Northview’s Logan Whitman, 97.
7. Anyone who knows me, knows I like old-time nicknames for players. Lovellette earned a number of nicknames by the time he retired from the NBA. One of them was (a. Clyde the Glide (b. Colossal Clyde (c. Cloudburst Clyde (d. The King of Clyde.
8. Okay, here’s a question about the PHWVC only. Who is the all-time top scorer in the history of the tournament, now that it has a history? (a. Sullivan’s Jeffery Moore (b. North’s Nate Blank (c. Bethesda Christian’s Justin Cook (d. Monrovia’s Adam Gore.
9. Another one on the PHWVC: Most of us know who the past tournament champions are, but what school can boast at being the only team to twice win the tourney’s consolation round? (a. Marshall (b. Turkey Run (c. Owen Valley (d. Sullivan.
10. A final Clyde toughie. What few people recall is that Lovellette actually played on a third Valley championship team as a freshman in 1945. How many points did Lovellette total in the final four games that year? (a. 6 (b. 16 (c. 36 (d. 66.