TERRE HAUTE —
This year, seven Sisters of Providence of St. Mary-of-the-Woods will celebrate 70 years in the congregation. In addition to other ministries through the years, six sisters ministered in the Wabash Valley, giving 103 total years of service at the places listed below.
• Sister Adrian Marie Conrad served at Sacred Heart School, Terre Haute (1972-1976). Today she gives volunteer service as an outreach minister in Los Angeles.
• Sister Sheila (formerly Marie Sheila) FitzSimons served in transportation at St. Mary-of-the-Woods (2002-2010). She devotes time now to a special prayer ministry at the motherhouse.
• Sister Michaela Galvin ministered at St. Mary-of-the-Woods in residential and health care services for 11 years (2000-2011). She is now engaged in a special prayer ministry at the motherhouse.
• Sister Francine McGriffin served at the Aspirancy High School at St. Mary-of-the-Woods (1963-1964). When she returned to St. Mary-of-the-Woods in 1997 she served for seven years on the residential services staff. She now has a special prayer ministry at the motherhouse.
• Sister Ann Kevin O’Connor served at St. Mary-of-the-Woods on the general administrative staff (1986-1991), and in various departments and programs (1994-2002). Currently her ministry is prayer.
• Sister Louise (Edward Louise) Schroeder has served since 1991 in various departments at St. Mary-of-the-Woods, including residential and health care services.
• Sister Margaret Louise Bernard currently resides in Bradenton, Fla.