Special to the Tribune-Star
TERRE HAUTE —
Hi. Each year, at least recently, we have run a column denoting Words of Wisdom — leading to success and satisfaction.
We get the information from someone who began sending the words each year in Christmas cards. This person is well known by many and many will know the author of this column, who has reduced sending these cards to every other year.
This year was an off year and we received a special edition.
• Make good choices.
• Be honest. Be nice.
• Make your life a mission — not an intermission.
• There are no short cuts to any place worth going.
• If someone asks you to move the piano, don’t reach for the stool.
• Get an aim in life before you run out of ammunition.
• Whatever your lot in life, be sure to build something on it.
• The words silent and listen have the same letters.
• Happiness is a perfume you can’t pour others without getting a few drops on yourself.
• It’s nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
• It’s your attitude and not your aptitude that determines your altitude.
• You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
• A smile increases your face value.
• From Michael Jordan: “Any fear is an illusion. You think something is standing in your way but nothing is What is there is opportunity to do your best and gain some success. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
• FYI — We’re still not on the active list.
We’ve begun our fifth week of rehab at Cobblestone Crossings Health Care Facility. We hope to be home by February.
Being here, we’ve had lots of time to watch television, read papers and listen to the radio.
We’ve especially enjoyed following the Indiana State men’s basketball team. Sunday’s game was great, especially with the results.
The action was carried from Hulman Center by Fox Sports Midwest with a nice, enthusiastic crowd on hand.
That was extra nice.
Tom Reck may be contacted by email at email@example.com or by mail at 4284 South 5th Street, Apt. 3, Terre Haute, IN 47802