TERRE HAUTE —
Each year hundreds of gas grill fire/explosions occur nationally, as well as dozens of deaths from carbon monoxide.
1) Grill must be outside and paced at least 10 feet away from house and combustibles.
2) Have a fire extinguisher or garden hose handy.
3) Before starting grill, check hoses for cracks or leaks.
4) Never leave grill unattended.
5) Always turn LP gas off first, then your grill off when finished.
“Protect the Precious” program: Smoke detectors, batteries and stickers available at all eight Terre Haute fire stations.