TERRE HAUTE —
A new Log Cabin Chapel, a replica of the one visited by the Sisters who arrived from France, will be dedicated and blessed by the Sisters of Providence at 1:30 p.m. today. The celebration is open to the public.
Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and her five companions arrived Oct. 22, 1840, at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. The Log Cabin Chapel is located between Grotto Road and the Church of the Immaculate Conception on the site where the first Mass was offered on the motherhouse grounds.
Being Saint Mother Theodore’s feast day, a special Eucharistic Liturgy will be offered at 11 a.m. today.
It is open to the public and to people of all faith traditions.