- SLIDESHOW: Heated hearing for suspect in shooting death A fight broke out Tuesday afternoon in Vigo Superior Court 6 after an exchange of words between people attending the initial hearing of an Indianapolis man accused of murder in the Friday death of a Terre Haute man.
VIDEO: Thousands jam downtown for the annual Block Party
Easy footsteps shuffled about downtown to swirling music, as thousands rocked around the block
VIDEO: Schools dancin’ with new year excitement
Donning a white suit with black shirt and tie, Vigo County Schools Superintendent Dan Tanoos lined danced on the gymnasium floor Monday at Terre Haute South Vigo High School to help energize teachers during a back to school rally.
- SLIDESHOW: First Friday home tour showcases big style in small spaces Four stylish homes that demonstrate creative ways to make the best use of small spaces in a tight economy will be featured during the First Friday Small Spaces/Big Ideas home tour scheduled 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 7. The tour includes the homes of Kris and Gretchen Kraut at 2229 College St., Brent and Yvette Morgan at 1813 Pin Oak Court, Bill and Peggy Hanna at 2707 Oak St., and Bob and Teresa Moore at 3803 Linden St.; as well as the Dan Carr Signature Interiors Showroom at 501 W. Honey Creek Drive. Tickets are $5 for adults; kids 12 and under are free. Tickets and a map can be purchased in advance at Java Haute or at any of the homes during tour hours. All proceeds benefit The Life Center of Terre Haute at 3000 College Ave. For more information visit thefirstfridayhometour.com or call (812) 234-5233.
Video: Get up close to vintage airplanes
Vintage World War II airplanes will touch down at Terre Haute’s airport for three days in early August and will be on display and open for passengers who want to pay the freight.
Video: Monument City below Salamonie Lake now visible
Monument City, a former town at Salamonie Lake that is visible this summer due to drought conditions affecting water levels in the reservoir, has been temporarily closed to all public access.
The site drew attention over the weekend with statewide media reports that it is now visible after being submerged for decades.
Video: NCAA announces penalties against Penn State
The NCAA slammed Penn State Monday with an unprecedented series of penalties, including a $60 million fine and the loss of all coach Joe Paterno's victories from 1998-2011, in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
RAW VIDEO: First look at Colorado shooting suspect
Colorado movie theater shooting suspect James Holmes, 24, makes his first court appearance with reddish-orange hair and a dazed expression.
VIDEO: Annual Blueberry Fest supports Terre Foods
Vanilla ice cream covered in blueberries put smiles on the faces of the Oberste-Vorth family on Thursday during the Terre Foods Blueberry Fest at Central Presbyterian Church.
- SLIDESHOW: Vigo County 4-H Fair kicks off week-long run TERRE HAUTE — Kiddie tractor pulls mixed with carnival rides and games, the 4-H Horse and Pony Show, exhibits and, of course, fair food as the 2012 Vigo County Fair began Sunday, July 8. The fair runs through Saturday, July 14, at the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds. Today’s events include 4-H judging in rabbit, poultry, swine and dog obedience and agility, with tonight’s featured activity being the demolition derby starting at 7. (Photos by Tribune-Star photographer Bob Poynter)
VIDEO: Cutlery never sounded so good, or got so many laughs
Even the librarian got a little noisy as a musical spoon player served up heaping helpings of laughter.
Viral Video: Farm parody of ‘Sexy and I Know It’
Kansas State University student Greg Peterson and some friends were unwinding at a drive-in restaurant when LMFAO’s song “Sexy and I Know It” came on the radio. He groaned. But as the chorus droned on, the 21-year-old found inspiration. He switched “sexy” to “farming” as he began rapping. Then he started coming up with lyrics.
VIDEO: Montezuma Independence Day Parade
This Parke County town celebrated the Fourth of July June 30. festivities included a parade, the Little Miss Firecracker pageant and a fish fry.
See video at right.
VIDEO: Operation Catapult
Staff photographer Jim Avelis narrates one of many Operation Catapult demonstrations presented Thursday, June 28, at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
VIDEO: ‘A firestorm of epic proportions’
Lorna Taken Gutierrez and her family live in a home with “an amazing mountain view” in Colorado Springs.
But on Tuesday, the view from her home turned Armageddon-like as she saw a wildfire racing down a bluff and taking everything — including beautiful homes — in its path.
Charts: Growth of sports participation by women, girls
These graphics illustrate how girls' participation in sports has grown at the high school and college level since the passage of Title IX in 1972.
VIDEO: Summer isn’t fun when you’re hungry
Thousands of children in Wabash Valley communities are on summer vacation. While this brings to mind days of fun and freedom for many school children, for the millions across our country facing hunger it means losing the one place they can count on for a meal. It is currently estimated that more than 16 million children are at risk of hunger throughout America.
VIDEO: 'Ring of fire' solar eclipse
The solar eclipse that took place Sunday evening was an annular eclipse, one in which the moon blocks almost all of the sun. Some of the best viewing was in Asia, as with this video filmed in Japan.
VIDEO: Suspected TB case at Woodrow Wilson
A suspected case of tuberculosis at Woodrow Wilson Middle School has prompted free testing next week for students and staff at the east side Terre Haute school. Testing is not mandatory and parental permission is required for students.
AUDIO: Sidewalk Prophets singer discusses Terre Haute boyhood, and Saturday's concert
Terre Haute native Dave Frey leads his Dove Award-winning band, Sidewalk Prophets, into a 7 p.m. Saturday concert at his hometown church, Maryland Community Church, joining opening performers Justin Hoeppner and Josh Wilson.
Video: President Obama endorses same-sex marriage
A day after an amendment banning gay marriage passed in North Carolina, President Barack Obama tells ABC News that he believes same-sex couples should be able to get married.
Viral video: Family sings 'Bohemian Rhapsody' on way to school
One dad starts the weekdays off right by staging a sing-along to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" with his three kids during their morning ride to school.
PHOTO TRIBUTE: 100 years of baseball at Fenway Park
This year Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, celebrates its 100th anniversary as America's oldest Major League stadium -- and the setting for some of baseball's greatest players, historic wins and crushing losses. That sacred magic is captured in two exhibits at the 20-year-old Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, a Boston suburb.
VIDEO: Lightning illuminates tornado as it hits Okla. town
The assistant editor from the Woodward News in Oklahoma captured this video as a tornado touched down early Sunday morning, killing five people and injuring dozens more.
VIDEO: Tales of survival from Woodward's deadly tornado
Stirring stories of survival are emerging from Woodward's tornado, but none was more compelling than that of an 87-year-old widow who escaped unscathed by hiding in her bedroom closet while her house exploded around her. Sixty-five years earlier she survived Oklahoma's deadliest tornado, one that killed 116 of her neighbors, by hiding under a dining room table.
He is Risen
An onerous cross dragged along the ground, as a bloodied man portraying Jesus hauled it uphill to the site of his own crucifixion.
Viral video: Rain delay antics at college baseball game
Fans aren't the only ones who get bored during rain delays in college baseball -- the players do too. But the teams from the Southern Miss and Ole Miss found some creative ways to pass the time this week during an extended delay at Trustmark Park in Pearl, Miss.
VIDEO: Texas tornado tosses truck trailers
A TV station helicopter captured amazing video of a Dallas-area tornado picking up truck trailers and tossing them hundreds of feet in the air. A powerful storm system caused several reported tornadoes across north Texas on Tuesday.
7 reasons why 'Hunger Games' slays 'Twilight'
The next great young-adult movie franchise is already giving some sparkly, angst-ridden vampires a run for their money. Suzanne Collins' "Hunger Games" book trilogy has already caught fire among a wider demographic of readers, and the movie – that opened Friday, March 23 -- was poised to break opening weekend records set by "Twilight."
- SLIDESHOW: Peyton Manning through the years Peyton Manning's storied career with the Colts is over. Take a look back at some of the legendary quarterback's most memorable moments in this photo gallery.
- More Multimedia Headlines