AUDIO: Sidewalk Prophets singer discusses Terre Haute boyhood, and Saturday's concert
Terre Haute native Dave Frey leads his Dove Award-winning band, Sidewalk Prophets, into a 7 p.m. Saturday concert at his hometown church, Maryland Community Church, joining opening performers Justin Hoeppner and Josh Wilson.
Video: President Obama endorses same-sex marriage
A day after an amendment banning gay marriage passed in North Carolina, President Barack Obama tells ABC News that he believes same-sex couples should be able to get married.
Viral video: Family sings 'Bohemian Rhapsody' on way to school
One dad starts the weekdays off right by staging a sing-along to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" with his three kids during their morning ride to school.
PHOTO TRIBUTE: 100 years of baseball at Fenway Park
This year Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, celebrates its 100th anniversary as America's oldest Major League stadium -- and the setting for some of baseball's greatest players, historic wins and crushing losses. That sacred magic is captured in two exhibits at the 20-year-old Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, a Boston suburb.
VIDEO: Lightning illuminates tornado as it hits Okla. town
The assistant editor from the Woodward News in Oklahoma captured this video as a tornado touched down early Sunday morning, killing five people and injuring dozens more.
VIDEO: Tales of survival from Woodward's deadly tornado
Stirring stories of survival are emerging from Woodward's tornado, but none was more compelling than that of an 87-year-old widow who escaped unscathed by hiding in her bedroom closet while her house exploded around her. Sixty-five years earlier she survived Oklahoma's deadliest tornado, one that killed 116 of her neighbors, by hiding under a dining room table.
He is Risen
An onerous cross dragged along the ground, as a bloodied man portraying Jesus hauled it uphill to the site of his own crucifixion.
Viral video: Rain delay antics at college baseball game
Fans aren't the only ones who get bored during rain delays in college baseball -- the players do too. But the teams from the Southern Miss and Ole Miss found some creative ways to pass the time this week during an extended delay at Trustmark Park in Pearl, Miss.
VIDEO: Texas tornado tosses truck trailers
A TV station helicopter captured amazing video of a Dallas-area tornado picking up truck trailers and tossing them hundreds of feet in the air. A powerful storm system caused several reported tornadoes across north Texas on Tuesday.
7 reasons why 'Hunger Games' slays 'Twilight'
The next great young-adult movie franchise is already giving some sparkly, angst-ridden vampires a run for their money. Suzanne Collins' "Hunger Games" book trilogy has already caught fire among a wider demographic of readers, and the movie – that opened Friday, March 23 -- was poised to break opening weekend records set by "Twilight."
- SLIDESHOW: Peyton Manning through the years Peyton Manning's storied career with the Colts is over. Take a look back at some of the legendary quarterback's most memorable moments in this photo gallery.
VIDEO: Mending Broken Hearts
Regina Nieft calmly entered Union Hospital early Thursday, confident and hopeful that the complicated cardiac surgery scheduled for most of the day would improve and extend her life.
VIDEO: 5 vehicles in Tuesday morning crash
Six people suffered injuries on Tuesday morning in a fiery five-vehicle crash that featured what a witness called an amazing, selfless rescue of one driver who was trapped in a car after it was struck from behind at a Terre Haute intersection.
VIDEO: New display at Historical Society looks back at golden days of radio in Wabash Valley
You can almost hear the nostalgic sounds of radio broadcasts long past in newest exhibit on display at the Vigo County Historical Society.
VIDEO: On the Banks of the Wabash far away …
Paul Dresser left Terre Haute a niche in history.
Opportunism, squabbling and fading memories gradually washed that gift away, like the unending flow of the Wabash River he immortalized in song.
VIDEO: Social media command center helps Super Bowl visitors
Indianapolis is the first Super Bowl host city to utilize the power of Twitter and other social media to help football fans get the most out of football's biggest event.
VIDEO: Steve Weatherford homecoming
The only three New York Giants players who touched the football on a field goal that propelled their team into Sunday’s Super Bowl against the New England Patriots visited Terre Haute North Vigo High School Tuesday — where a throng of Patriots cheered for the Giants.
VIDEO: Tavern in Colts country welcomes Pats fans
The Super Bowl host city loves its Colts and loves to hate the archrival Patriots. But a bar on the doorstep of Lucas Oil Stadium stands out as a geographic anomaly.
- SLIDESHOW: Super Bowl Media Day Thousands of fans and members of the press turned out in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI Media Day.
- SLIDESHOW: Giants arrive in Indianapolis The New York Giants arrived in Indianapolis Monday to begin preparations for their matchup with the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.
- SLIDESHOW: Week-long Super Bowl celebration begins Football fans descend on Super Bowl Village in downtown Indianapolis in advance of Super Bowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants.
- SLIDESHOW: Patriots best Ravens in AFC Championship The Patriots defeat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 in the AFC Championship game, securing a spot in Super Bowl XLVI against the New York Giants.
VIDEO/POLL: Websites go dark in protest of anti-piracy bill
Dozens of internet websites – from web resources like Wikipedia to online communities like Reddit – went dark Wednesday in protest of a bill in Congress that aims to stop online piracy.
VIDEO: Total-ly In: Education students ‘totally immersed in the schools’
Kayla Blackburn stood in front of the fourth grade classroom with a book clasped in her hands.
“I am excited to see what happens next because I have never read this story before,” said the senior elementary and special education major from Carmel. “Fingers up, on the first word. I’m going to start reading, then I’ll take volunteers.”
VIDEO: Building trades may be cut from right-to-work bill
A conservative Republican lawmaker will push to exempt 15 building trade unions from a controversial labor bill that would put an end to mandatory union dues.
VIDEO: 4 Indiana Guard soldiers’ bodies return to homeland
The bodies of four members of an Indiana National Guard unit killed in a roadside bombing in Afghanistan have been returned to the United States. The father of the only survivor of the roadside bombing says his son is in a drug-induced coma at a Virginia hospital.
VIDEO: 2012 Indiana General Assembly: Right-to-work and GOP are back, but most Democrats stay away as session opens
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels rolled back new Statehouse security rules aimed at limiting the number of protesters in the building as a contentious legislative session got underway Wednesday.
- SLIDESHOW: Feed the birds Bill Cardwell loaded another bag of nyjer seed into his shopping cart on a recent afternoon in Rural King. He has purchased 300 pounds of seed so far this winter to keep his five finch feeders filled. Meanwhile, Eric Parker and his stepson, Alex Lugiewicz, recently filled bird feeders behind their home near Carbon. Parker said he bought and fed about 1,000 pounds of bird feed last year, but due to higher prices has had to cut back a little this year. Photos by Tribune-Star photographer Jim Avelis
TRIBUNE-STAR SERIES: 2011 in review
A four-part series looking at Terre Haute and Vigo County news events from 2011.
• ChemGen growth among Valley’s good economic news
• Many new construction projects started in last year
• The year in public safety and criminal justice
• Education shaped Valley in 2011
- SLIDESHOW: Top 10 money-making movie stars of 2011 Which movie stars were the biggest box-office draw in 2011? A Quigley Publishing Company poll asked movie theater owners to vote on who they thought brought in the most revenue this year.
- More Multimedia Headlines
- AUDIO: Sidewalk Prophets singer discusses Terre Haute boyhood, and Saturday's concert