TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Thomas P. Mason, 43, 9900 block of North Bluff Street, Rosedale. Booked 8:43 a.m. Habitual traffic violator.
• Joyce M. Allen, 33, 600 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:02 p.m. Fraud-welfare and theft.
• Matthew S. Weaver, 26, 900 block of South Eighth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 1:49 p.m. Theft and fraud.
• Julie R. Holvey, 30, 15200 block of Willow Grove Avenue, Clinton. Booked 2:59 p.m. Probation violation.
• Amber N. Jordan, 29, 4300 block of South 51⁄2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 3:54 p.m. Court order.
• Michael A. Williams, 54, 300 block of North 13th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:29 p.m. Parole violation.
• Leah M. Johnson, 37, 10 block of Foulkes Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 5:16 p.m. Failure to appear and criminal conversion.
• Andrew I. Hogue, 22, 1800 block of North 31st Street, Terre Haute. Booked 11:05 p.m. Failure to appear (four counts).
• George H. Carpenter, 58, no address. Booked 1:33 a.m. Public intoxication.
• Barry L. Daugherty, 52, 3000 block of North 151⁄2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:56 a.m. Operating while intoxicated, battery-police and resisting law enforcement.
• Sara A. Pfister, 26, 2300 block of Poplar Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:42 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.