TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• James J. Ellingsworth, 24, 1200 block of Dawn Drive, Terre Haute, booked 9:19 a.m. Bond revocation, possession of controlled substance, public intoxication and operating while intoxicated.
• Christopher Hayden IV, 18, 500 block of Valley Road, Terre Haute, booked 9:25 a.m. Failure to appear (three counts).
• Eric Evans, 48, 1700 block of South 17th Street, Terre Haute, booked 9:57 a.m. Battery-domestic and interference crime reporting.
• Royss A. Ellis, 33, 900 block of South 18th Street, Terre Haute, booked 11:35 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Connie S. McCullough, 39, 700 block of South 10th Street, West Terre Haute, booked 2:28 p.m. Theft.
• Nick A. Balder, 23, 1100 block of Seventh Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 2:45 p.m. Possession of methamphetamine.
• Walter E. Raney, 56, 1400 block of Buckeye Street, Terre Haute, 3:54 p.m. Court order.
• Jennifer A. Tegeler, 39, 14400 block of North 1950th Road, Chrisman, Ill., booked 3:55 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Antonio D. Thomas, 34, 1800 block of Blaine Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 4:34 p.m. Battery-domestic, strangulation, disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement.
• James Wharton, 35, 200 block of South Ninth Street, Terre Haute, booked 4:37 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Darius A. Hammond, 28, 9200 block of Bainbridge Drive, Camby, booked 7:19 p.m. Bond revocation and failure to appear.
• Megan N. Kinsel, 29, 2000 block of North 21st Street, Terre Haute, booked 9:32 p.m. Theft.
• James Patrick, 21, 600 block of Madison Street, Michigan City, 12:16 a.m. Possession marijuana/hash.
• Michael E. Hoke, 38, 10 block of Blakley Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 12:31 a.m. Failure to appear.
• James E. Stepter, Jr., 36, 2000 block of North 20th Street, Terre Haute, 1:03 a.m. Possession of methamphetamine and habitual traffic violator.
• Rolando S. Belli, 24, 2200 North Main Street, Seelyville, booked 1:32 a.m. Battery-domestic and resisting law enforcement.
• Brenton E. Barnhill, 28, 100 block of South 14th Street, Terre Haute, booked 6:03 a.m. Failure to appear.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.