TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• William H. England, 37, 200 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 12:09 p.m. Bond revocation and failure to appear.
• Tabetha Spillers, 33, 1100 block of North Ninth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:54 p.m. Disorderly conduct.
• John L. Robertson, 33, 1000 block of South Blackman Street, Clinton. Booked 9:15 p.m. Public intoxication.
• Penny S. Polk, 40, 1800 block of South 25th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:50 p.m. Forgery and theft.
• Melinda Eldridge, 47, 4200 block of South Fifth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:49 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Jason Briggs, 32, 10 block of South 18th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:44 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Matthew A. Collier, 21, 1900 block of 23rd Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 1:24 a.m. Possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana/hash and public intoxication.
• Desiree S. Bridges, 20, 1400 block of North 27th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 1:24 a.m. Operating while intoxicated, leaving scene property accident, possession of controlled substance and driver never licensed.
• Kaleigh N. Elkins, 21, 100 block of South Sumner Avenue, West Terre Haute. Booked 2:06 a.m. Criminal conversion.
• Robert D. Cox III, 27, 2900 block of Dean Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 3:00 a.m. Residential entry and aggravated battery.
• Rico R. Spillers, 19, 300 block of North 18th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:27 a.m. Receiving stolen property.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.