TERRE HAUTE —
A small electrical fire in the jewelry department at Walmart South led to an evacuation of the store about 5 p.m. Saturday.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation. The store is located at 5555 U.S. 41 South.
The fire was caused by electrical wiring inside a jewelry cabinet, and the fire was contained to the jewelry department, said Josh Sittler, of the Honey Creek Fire Department. Cases containing jewelry were damaged.
“To get to it, we had to cut some things out,” he said.
When the fire department arrived, there was a light haze in the building, he said.
Walmart soon re-opened.