TERRE HAUTE —
Veterans nationwide will be honored Monday for Veterans Day. Several events are planned throughout the Wabash Valley.
• In Terre Haute, a Veterans Day Parade will start at 10 a.m. at Fourth Street and Wabash Avenue. The parade will go east on Wabash Avenue to 12th Street, then north on Mulberry Street to the VFW Post 972 at 1111 Veterans Square.
• Ivy Tech Community College—Wabash Valley and the Student Veteran Organization will honor veterans, including its 170 student veterans, during the fourth annual Veterans Day program at 2 p.m. Monday in the Oakley Auditorium on the main Ivy Tech campus, 8000 S. Education Drive. The free program will also be available via two-way video at the Greencastle campus.
• For the third consecutive year, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College will participate in the Remembrance Day National Roll Call project to honor American service men and women from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday at the Rooney Library. A nationwide minute of silence at 2 p.m.
• Union Hospital will hold a Veterans Day flag raising ceremony that will include Union Hospital veterans and choral music by the Union Hospital Child Development Center children at 9:15 a.m. Monday at Union Hospital East (new building) main entrance flag pole.
• Veterans Day program, 12:30 p.m. Monday, front lobby of The Wyndmoor, 1465 E. Crossing Boulevard; guest speaker, flag-folding ceremony by Terre Haute North Vigo High School Air Force Junior ROTC.
• Mike’s Carwash Inc. will honor those who have protected our country and fought for our freedoms with a free carwash on Monday. All veterans and active military are encouraged to stop by Mike’s on U.S. 41 South in Terre Haute or any other Mike’s location. Mike’s is open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Veterans Day.
• Free Texas Roadhouse lunch for veterans, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at 2941 S. Third St.; for all active, retired or former U.S. military; one of 10 entrées, two sides, drink; show proof of service with military or VA card, or discharge papers.
• In Clay County, the Jackson Township Community Band will perform to honor veterans at 10:15 a.m. Monday at the Clay County Courthouse rotunda, Brazil, along with speakers and color guard.
• In Parke County, a veterans open house will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday at the Rockville Elks Lodge, 360 W. Strawberry Road. All community veterans invited; light refreshments will be served.