TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Gerald L. Mikalowsky, 63, 300 block of South 31st Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:38 a.m. Probation violation.
• Misty J. Cox, 34, 3100 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:14 p.m. Theft.
• Brandon A. Stuthers, 18, 3600 block of East Carol Way, Terre Haute. Booked 2:26 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Jerry L. Smith, 52, 1300 block of South Ninth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 3:32 p.m. Probation violation and parole violation.
• James E. Norton, 55, 1700 block of North 30th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:05 p.m. Bond revocation.
• James A. Hartmann, 58, 11900 block of South U.S. 41, Terre Haute. Booked 6:39 p.m. Resisting law enforcement (two counts), public indecency, operating while intoxicated and criminal recklessness, reckless driving and leaving the scene-property damage.
• Donnie R. Miller, 32, 200 block of West Howard Street, Brazil. Booked 7:04 p.m. Probation violation.
• Jamie L. Glaspie, 29, 1400 block of Spruce Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:01 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Nicholas S. Heady, 21, 1300 block of South Eighth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:27 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• John R. Caton, 25, 1500 block of South 11 1/2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:16 p.m. Possession controlled substance, probation violation and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Jeffery S. Griffith, 36, 1600 block of North 16th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 1:26 a.m. Motor vehicle theft and resisting law enforcement.
• Jamie L. Lowe, 30, 1200 block of North Ninth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:34 a.m. Public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
• Michael A. James, 50, 1400 block of Spruce Street, Terre Haute. Booked 3:05 a.m. Criminal trespassing and resisting law enforcement.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.