TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• James R. Hale, 42, 100 block of West County Road 1200 North, Brazil. Booked 8:13 a.m. Criminal conversion.
• Charles Brown, 23, 2900 block of West Indiana 163, Clinton. Booked 9:01 a.m. Parole violation.
• Ashley Wright, 29, 9300 block of Houghton Place, New Goshen. Booked 11:24 a.m. Criminal mischief and bond revocation.
• Carl Lee, 45, 1600 block of North 24th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 3:08 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Chris S. Dean, 42, 500 block of South Staunton Monroe Street, Brazil. Booked 3:59 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Rickey L. Rader, 57, 2800 block of Mariposa Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 7:45 p.m. Battery-domestic and strangulation.
• Cynthia Pugh, 48, 1400 block of South Fourth Street, Clinton. Booked 8:14 p.m. Battery-serious-endangerment.
• Dwight Sargent, 37, 11300 block of Witch Hazel Drive, Indianapolis. Booked 8:54 p.m. Probation violation.
• Sabrina A. Lowe, 26, 300 block of Shew Street, Universal. Booked 1:47 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Anthony J. Cross, 36, 4900 block of Woodfield Drive, Brazil. Booked 2:02 a.m. Public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
• Rashawn M. Appleton, 20, 1600 block of North 25th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 3:16 a.m. Failure to appear.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.