TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Alicia N. Smith, 23, 1000 block of Gilbert Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 9:04 a.m. Failure to appear and dealing cocaine.
• Paul C. Snavely, 25, 600 block of Nebeker Street, Clinton. Booked 11:10 a.m. Probation violation.
• Phillip D.Litton, 600 block of South Vicksburg Place, West Terre Haute. Booked 11:45 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Thomas R. Sullivan, 61, 800 block of Holiday Drive, Danville, Ill. Booked 3:29 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Bruce A. Goodridge, 50, 1200 block of South 131⁄2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:18 p.m. Bond revocation.
• Stephen L. Deverick, 33, 2200 block of Garfield Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 6:18 p.m. Failure to appear (three counts).
• Michael O. Shauntee, 28, 2100 block of Sycamore Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:19 p.m. Probation violation and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Kimberly Dwigans, 36, 2900 block of Professional Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 7:22 p.m. Criminal mischief.
• Joshua A. Roberts, 23, 200 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 9:13 p.m. Resisting law enforcement.
• Misty M. Essex, 23, 300 block of South Third, West Terre Haute. Booked 10:27 p.m. Possession of paraphernalia, criminal conversion and failure to appear (two counts).
• Christopher L. Dugger, 28, 1800 block of 24th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:05 a.m. Failure to appear.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.