TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• James M. Buckallew, 27, 1400 block of North Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 9:22 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Richard W. Williams, 30, 1400 block of Elm Street, Frankfort, booked 11:18 a.m. Possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance and failure to appear.
• William Fulk Jr., 47, 2400 block of Second Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 11:52 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Jamal K. Kind, 18, 600 block of North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, booked 12:03 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Patrick D. Bennett, 25, 2400 block of Second Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 12:22 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Joseph F. Brooks, 42, 10 block of Dreiser Square, Terre Haute, booked 12:41 p.m. Court order (two counts).
• Rikki L. Vestal, 28, 3300 block of South Albany Road, Terre Haute, booked 4:22 p.m. Parole violation.
• Michael C. Schmidt, 24, 100 block of North Jackson Street, Shelburn, booked 4:53 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Richard E. Tompkins, 48, 1900 block of Elm Street, Terre Haute, booked 5:24 p.m. Invasion of privacy.
• Marcus O. Buckhoy, 39, 10 block of Heritage Drive, Terre Haute, booked 8:49 p.m. Failure to appear (two counts).
• Matthew W. Hunt, 26, 6100 block of West Bowen Drive, Terre Haute, booked 12:14 p.m. Probation violation.
• Kurtis A. Wilson, 24, 9500 block of Indiana 42, Terre Haute, booked 11:03 p.m. Driving while suspended and probation violation.
• Jerry L. Evans, 35, 300 block of South 19th Street, Terre Haute, booked 11:51 p.m. Possession controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
• Joshua W. Elkins, 24, 2100 block of Dillman Street, Terre Haute, 4:59 a.m. Receiving stolen property and criminal recklessness.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.