TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Michelle L. Whitner, 43, 3300 block of East Haythorne Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 10:23 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Shirley C. Milner, 42, 2100 block of Locust Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:50 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Tyler C. Livingston, 18, 5400 block of North Clinton Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:02 p.m. Receiving stolen property (two counts).
• Celia I. Roth, 50, 2800 block of North Sixth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 6:22 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Joshua T. Tolbert, 33, 7900 block of Greenwood Court, Terre Haute. Booked 10 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Donald L. Pifer, 47, 200 block of North Eighth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 11:47 p.m. Leaving scene-property damage, false reporting and driving while intoxicated.
• Randy D. Mundell, 57, 2300 block of Oakcliff Road, West Terre Haute. Booked 12:57 a.m. Public intoxication, intimidation and disorderly conduct.
• Shellana Johnson, 26, 600 block of Gilbert Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 1:08 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Franklyn L. Johnson, 19, 2200 block of South 22nd Street, Terre Haute. Booked 1:24 a.m. Driver never licensed and resisting law enforcement.
• Heath A. Dalton, 25, 4600 block of South County Road 500 West, Cory. Booked 2:17 a.m. Failure to appear.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.