TERRE HAUTE — The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Antonio M. Housley, 34, 7500 block of Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 11:27 a.m. Habitual traffic violator.
• Jack W. Sappingfield, 42, 1300 block of First Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 1:46 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Robert W. Dean, 33, 2800 block of South 131⁄2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:03 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Kevin D. Brown, 21, 200 block of North Sumner Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 2:28 p.m. Public indecency.
• Christopher Pilant, 40, 600 block of North Lonetree Road, Jasonville. Booked 2:56 p.m. Parole violation.
• Monty J. King, 22, 1800 block of North 24th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:03 p.m. Probation violation.
• Wayne W. Hamilton, 34, 2200 block of North 24th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:50 p.m. Bond revocation (three counts).
• Carl E. Swalls, 64, 5000 block of Par 3 Lane, Terre Haute. Booked 8:58 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Tia B. Pershing, 23, 7000 block of North 32nd Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:47 p.m. Failure to appear (two counts).
• Shelby C. Piercefield, 38, 5300 block of North 141⁄2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:09 p.m. Driving while suspended and possession of paraphernalia.
• Randy L. Smith Jr., 33, 10 block of South 14th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 11:33 p.m. Failure to appear and court order.
• Jeremy S. Ray, 33, 2300 block of Hulman Street, Terre Haute. Booked 11:49 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Dominic Lowe, 26, 3100 block of Lonnie Walker Road, Mineral Springs, N.C. Booked 12:25 a.m. Public intoxication.
• Kurtis A. Wilson, 24, 9500 block of Indiana 42, Terre Haute. Booked 3:54 a.m. Theft, false reporting and resisting law enforcement.
• Jo Espinosa-Hernandez, 25, 100 block of Gilbert Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 5:38 a.m. Battery-domestic.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.