TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Alyson Umphries, 27, 700 block of North Luett Avenue, Indianapolis. Booked 9:58 a.m. Failure to appear.
• James C. Smith, 51, 1000 block of East Voorhees Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:12 p.m. Court order.
• Robert J. Busiere, 34, 6100 block of West Evans Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 2:45 p.m. Parole violation.
• Armando Gaitan, 28, 700 block of Wabash Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. Booked 2:55 p.m. Court order.
• Richard E. Baldwin, 49, 700 block of Heylman Street, Fort Scott, Kan. Booked 3:32 p.m. Court order.
• Eldasean R. Thomas, 21, 1300 block Orchard Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:35 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Patricia J. Walters, 32, 200 block of South Sixth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:03 p.m. Court order.
• Moses J. Sorsor, 24, 1400 block of South 14th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:27 p.m. Battery-domestic, interference crime and driving while suspended.
• Cynthia D. Dwyer, 27, 500 block of North Fourth Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 8:32 p.m. Failure to appear and false reporting.
• Joseph M. Sturma, 38, 1000 block of West Farris Avenue, West Terre Haute. Booked 10:53 p.m. Battery.
• Jeffory L. Wilson, 20, 10 block of Pear Tree Lane, Terre Haute. Booked 11:43 p.m. Theft.
• Donald Allen, 42, 1000 block of West Farris Avenue, West Terre Haute. Booked 11:59 p.m. Battery.
• Joannie M. Basham, 37, 2900 block of East Moyer Road, Terre Haute. Booked 12:44 a.m. Failure to appear (two counts).
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.