TERRE HAUTE —
Fourteen Wabash Valley residents were arrested early Tuesday as Indiana State Police troopers and Vermillion County Sheriff’s deputies served warrants in Terre Haute and surrounding areas, as part of a months-long drug-related investigation.
Officers from the Terre Haute City Police Department assisted in serving the warrants, some of which involve Vigo County residents who are alleged to have sold drugs in Vermillion County.
Vermillion County Prosecutor Bruce Aukerman said warrants were to be served in 28 drug-related charges in the Vermillion Circuit Court, according to a news release.
Many of these cases were made as a result of sale or delivery of drugs to an undercover officer with the Drug Task Force or the ISP Drug Enforcement Section, according to the release.
Among the 14 arrested as of 4:25 p.m. Tuesday were James B. Vandevender, 41, who faces a charge of dealing in methampetamine, a class-B felony, and possession of methamphetamine, a class-D felony. He was already incarcerated in the Vermillion County Jail on unrelated charges.
William Cox, 42, faces a charge of class-B felony dealing methamphetamine. He was already in the Parke County Jail on unrelated charges.
Also arrested, and listed with the charges they face ,are:
n Michael G. Evans, 29, Indianapolis, class-A felony dealing cocaine.
n LaDonna Bush, 25, Rockville, class-D felony dealing methamphetamine.
• Joseph Troop, 21, Cayuga, class-B felony dealing methamphetamine and class-D felony possession of methamphetamine.
• Harry McClam, 46, Cayuga, class-B felony dealing methamphetamine.
• Anthony L. Harvey, 54, Cayuga, two counts of class-B felony dealing in a controlled substance and class-D felony maintaining a common nuisance.
• Adam Llewellyn, 32, Clinton, class-B felony dealing methamphetamine.
Six people from Terre Haute were among those arrested:
• Erica Burton, 20, two counts of class-A felony dealing cocaine.
• Marilyn Nicole Chowning, 20, class-B felony dealing in a controlled substance.
• Rashad Anthony Owens, 20, two counts of class-A felony dealing cocaine.
• Gerald Grimes, 23, class-A felony dealing cocaine.
• Julius Evans, 22, class-B felony dealing cocaine and class-D felony dealing in a substance represented to be a controlled substance.
• Alicia Smith, 23, two counts of class-A felony dealing cocaine.
Police were still seeking three people on these charges:
• Eric Jackson, 35, Terre Haute, class-A felony dealing cocaine.
• Terrance L. Ballard 30, Terre Haute, two counts of class-A felony dealing cocaine and class-B felony dealing methamphetamine.
• Martez D. Coley, 27, Danville, Ill., class-B felony dealing cocaine.
Anyone with information about suspected drug activity can call the anonymous 24-hour drug tip line at 1-800-453-4753.