TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Troy R. Hines Jr., 26, 2000 block of North 24th Street, Terre Haute, booked 7:17 a.m. Motor vehicle theft.
• Ernest L. Hoopingarner, 39, 2100 block of North Euclid Place, West Terre Haute, booked 7:47 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Olivia M. Eldred, 28, no address given, Terre Haute, booked 10:12 a.m. Failure to appear (two counts).
• Carl E. Jackson, 42, 1200 block of Dawn Drive, Terre Haute, booked 11:56 a.m. Parole violation.
• Ronald L. Bradford, 36, 1900 block of Spruce Street, Terre Haute, booked 12:17 p.m. Theft and criminal trespass.
• Harry J. Laycock, 43, 200 block of South Hobson Place, West Terre Haute, booked 4:33 p.m. Bond revocation.
• Alvin D. Allen, 31, 1300 block of Chestnut, Terre Haute, booked 5:18 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Joshua L. Sharp, 26, 1600 block of South Ninth Street, Terre Haute, booked 6:02 p.m. Burglary, theft, escape, resisting law enforcement, false reporting and failure to appear.
• Kathryn M. Smith, 20, 1600 block of Fairway Court, Clinton, booked 6:04 p.m. Theft, possession of marijuana and possession of controlled substance.
• Venessa G. Watson, 21, 100 block of East Voorhees, Terre Haute, booked 6:50 p.m. Resisting law enforcement (two counts), possession of controlled substance, theft, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, driver never licensed and probation violation (two counts).
• Aaron L. Dodd, 18, 16900 block of Baystown Road, Marshall, Ill., booked 10:09 p.m. Bond revocation and robbery.
• Matthew Harper, 18, 700 block of Warbler Lane, New Lebox, Ill., booked 3:14 a.m. Minor consuming alcohol, resisting law enforcement, disorderly conduct and intimidation.
• Rico R. Spillers, 18, 600 block of North Farrington, Terre Haute, booked 3:26 a.m. Failure to appear.
• Julius R. Evans, 22, 2400 block of Cleveland Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 3:46 a.m. Disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Maurice L. Martin, 33, 2200 block of First Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 5:58 a.m. Disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.