News From Terre Haute, Indiana
January 6, 2014
Shelter closed at Terre Haute South
TERRE HAUTE —
Anyone needing shelter can go to the Wabash Valley Chapter American Red
Cross at 700 S. Third St. in Terre Haute. They will be open tonight for
those who need warm shelter.
For more information call 812-232-3393
Anyone evacuating to a Red Cross shelter should bring essential items for each member of the family:
* Prescriptions and emergency medications
* Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
* Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
* Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
* Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
* Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
* Note: Public health regulations do not permit pets in shelters; service animals are permitted.