READERS’ FORUM: Sept. 10, 2013
• Stay out of civil war in Syria
• Special event got great support
READERS' FORUM: Sept. 9, 2013
Stellar success in IRead scores
Reflections on Bill and Hillary
FLASHPOINT: Why the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza is so popular
About 15,000 people attended the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza this year — numbers that mirror the attendance count from 2012 and 2011. But why does Terre Haute experience a 25-percent increase in population for this particular event’s three-day duration?
READERS’ FORUM: Sept. 8, 2013
• Can we please figure this out with car seats?
• It is time to reform immigration laws in U.S.
• Economic justice remains the goal
• Standing up for the worker
• Focus on helping working folks
• Girls can’t wait to be ‘Daisies’
Flashpoint: Perhaps Tony Bennett was right?
What if Tony Bennett was right and the Associated Press got it wrong? You may start preparing yourself for the possibility.
- Readers’ Forum: September 6, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Sept. 5, 2013
• Eagles more than just a local bar
FLASHPOINT: A new vision for Indiana’s education system
A recently published political cartoon stated that, “school reform will continue with Glenda Ritz as the new driver.”
READERS' FORUM: Sept. 3, 2013
King cause would extend to animals
FLASHPOINT: Unwise fracking policy could hinder economic development
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the amount of technically recoverable oil from shale formations has jumped 10 times in the past two years and the amount of technically recoverable shale gas is up 10 percent. In and around Terre Haute, the Illinois Basin shale formation could play an important part in stimulating the economy and helping to meet U.S. consumers’ energy needs for many years to come.
READERS’ FORUM: Sept. 1, 2013
Poor choice on ISU ticket prices
Syria crisis raises serious questions
Remembering Mary Tuberosa
We can fix our labor problems
Ideology need not reign supreme
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 31, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 30, 2013
Welfare system needs reforms
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 29, 2013
• County pool plan seems to be best
• Many reasons for Islamic reforms
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 28, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 27, 2013
Problem runs deeper than just Bennett
Race, hate and double standards
Readers’ Forum: August 25, 2013
INDOT should have done better in its I-69 planning
School safety deserves more detailed study
Tweaks to make a Founder squirm
Thanks for great summer camp
More about the 85th Regiment
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 23, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 22, 2013
• Demonizing the common folks
• What new laws say about pot
FLASHPOINT: Indiana hospitals embrace notion of price transparency
Following the federal government’s release of data on hospital charges for Medicare patients, much has been written nationally about how health care providers determine prices, the variation in charges for the same procedure and the willingness of hospitals to “come clean” on the issue of price transparency. As president of the Indiana Hospital Association, representing 164 Hoosier hospitals and health systems, we fully embrace price transparency.
- Readers' Forum: Aug. 21, 2013
- READERS’ FORUM: Aug. 20, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 19, 2013
Why are pols above the law?
Help needed to ease conditions
Teach, don’t indoctrinate
FLASHPOINT: The Affordable Care Act’s youth problem
Young Americans may soon experience “sticker shock” when shopping for health insurance. A new survey of insurers estimates that premiums will almost triple for a hypothetical 27-year-old man next year, once all the federal health reform law’s rules take effect.
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 18, 2013
• Help fight those mosquitoes; close trash receptacles
• Urging high court to clear up issue of meeting prayers
• Do we really understand threat of radical Islam?
• Coming together to help a family
• Thanks, honestly
• Wrong on roots of terrorism
• A star facility
• Suspicious truth
• Why join a sorority?
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 16, 2013
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 15, 2013
- READERS' FORUM: Aug. 14, 2013
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 13, 2013
Get politics out of education
READERS' FORUM: Aug. 12, 2013
Business practices fuel more poverty
Embracing sound guiding principles
- More Letters Headlines
- READERS’ FORUM: Sept. 10, 2013