Truth will win out in the end
Wrong has been elevated to the throne and right is trampled and waiting at the gallows
One line of thinking suggests it is so bad we may as well give a boost to yet another fleshly sin. Since criminals are allowed to participate with no problems from the law, why not others?
Another concept is concern about being on the wrong side of history since people are changing their opinion, so just join the crowd.
The third group believe just one more ungodly decision by our leaders will no doubt lead to the end times for the nation.
I believe that the present situation is a disgrace to our “Pledge of Allegiance”, also both our military and our forefathers who have given so much to protect our freedoms.
We have laws that are not enforced that would eliminate some participation of ungodly demands and criminal activity. I think the sin most damaging to our nation is the lie that started in the garden by the devil serpent. The devil has many advocates and their lies are so frequent that one cannot see or hear the news without wondering if it is truth or fabrication.
Almost any crime committed has a lie entwined in it at some point. How many killings, murders, rapes, robbery and financial losses could have been eliminated if the culprit had been arrested for lying prior to another crime?
Now, they say everybody lies and that makes it not enforceable or some such excuse.
Lies are not limited to politics, nationality, age, color, profession, stranger or neighbor.
The lies have led to leaders in power playing God but working for the devil. We as a nation cannot depend on help from them.
These verses by Helen Steiner Rice in a poem of tribute to JFK are very pertinent:
“For unless ‘God is guard’, John Kennedy said, ‘We’re standing unguarded’ with dreams that are dead. For a nation too proud to bend down and pray will crumble to chaos and descend to decay.”
Yes, I too believe what this politician stated that spiritual power from above is our only hope to save the nation. Belief in God is not enough as the devil also believes but is destined for hell; May God’s will be done on Earth as in heaven.
Will you be counted among the faithful found standing on the rock knowing all others are sinking in sand? The Bible is the best history book and we know that the truth wins in the end.
Thank you for opportunity to speak out.
— Ruby K. Cook
Truth will win out in the end
FLASHPOINT: Energy bill a no-brainer target for Pence’s veto pen
Indiana has, for many years, wrestled with the question of what policy, if any, to pursue to advance new, alternative visions of how we deal with waste, move around and grow our food. Fortunately, we’ve seen some tangible signs of progress in the Indiana General Assembly with respect to recycling, mass transit and local food systems.
READERS' FORUM: March 16, 2014
• Time for change in assessor office
• Are Indiana’s chemical storage tanks safe?
• Voters of Indiana Thinking carefully about health care
• Put an end to costly primaries
• Founders understood representation rights
• What about bridge?
• Young people don’t know rules
• So many words, so little space
READERS' FORUM: March 14, 2014
• ISU officers should stay on campus
• Good reasons why guns are needed
• Salute to Jake
READERS' FORUM: March 13, 2014
• Celebrating the Girl Scouts
• Challenging the politicians
- READERS' FORUM: March 12, 2014
READERS' FORUM: March 11, 2014
• Meat-free path to the fountain of youth
• Faulty point?
READERS' FORUM: March 10, 2014
• Our government’s heart and soul
• A plea for more give and take
Readers’ Forum: March 9, 2014
Mardi Gras great event for Swope
EPA regs will cause energy bills to soar
Please pray for Ukraine innocents
Sinful thinking on road to hell
Liberty — or licentiousness
People will not always agree
Botched chance at leadership
- Readers’ Forum: March 7, 2014
Readers’ Forum: March 6, 2014
Utilities do need tighter regulation
Great work by TV sports staff
- Readers’ Forum: March 5, 2014
Readers’ Forum: March 4, 2014
Lunatic ravings of the far right
Let IRS take the bullying pledge
Readers’ Forum: March 3, 2014
Social workers honor profession
Readers’ Forum: March 2, 2014
Candle still burns at St. Ann’s Clinic
Thanks to all at Sarah Scott
How should we define marriage?
An argument of science and law
Chance to expand your knowledge
Excellent service from paper carrier
Central time zone makes more sense
Summer adult baseball league for all ages
Recognizing that all people matter
More selfish opposition to Common Core
- Readers’ Forum: Feb. 28, 2014
READERS' FORUM: Feb. 27, 2014
• Unfair criticism of electric utility
- Readers' Forum: Feb. 26, 2014
Readers’ Forum: Feb. 25, 2014
Group to rival The Beatles?
HJR-3 opponents afraid of the truth
Readers’ Forum: Feb. 24, 2014
Declaration of specific gender should never occur
Say no to alcohol at the State Fair
Protect yourself against bad food
Warm appreciation for support staff
Merit in approach
READERS' FORUM: Feb. 23, 2014
• A specimen of bad policy
• And up it goes
• It is past time to talk about rape, sex assault
• Religion is best spread peacefully
• Fugitive thoughts on a winter day
• America taking steps backward
• Being respectful, not anonymous
• Kind help on a cold morning
• Let us throw another stone on the pile
FLASHPOINT: Local control over the business personal property tax good option
I have a tremendous respect for Indiana’s local leaders.
FLASHPOINT: Did legislators place bad bet on Common Core?
A comedian once observed that the reason they call it “horse sense” is because horses don’t bet on people.
- Readers' Forum: Feb. 21, 2014
READERS' FORUM: Feb. 20, 2014
• Take another look at Terre Haute
• The state that adapts, adopts
- READERS' FORUM: Feb. 19, 2014
Readers’ Forum: Feb. 18, 2014
Founders were indeed ‘devout’
Firm definition is what we need
All handouts equal
Readers’ Forum: Feb. 17, 2014
Utility billing process unfair
Voters must demand court information
FLASHPOINT: Manufactured statistics, exaggerated claims make meth battle more difficult
Indiana has many societal problems. One of the most serious is the use of methamphetamine. Meth destroys families, ruins lives and costs taxpayers millions of dollars in law enforcement and meth cleanup efforts.
READERS FORUM: Feb. 16, 2014
• Wrong direction on income issues
• Vet, staff at Brown gave caring service
• Worried about governor’s words
• Drying up stream of public support
• We have passed the tipping point
• Making sure the poor get poorer
• It’s all relative
• Support needed for Catholic school
• Great response from center
- READERS' FORUM: Feb. 14, 2014
- More Letters Headlines
- FLASHPOINT: Energy bill a no-brainer target for Pence’s veto pen