Truth will win out in the end
Wrong has been elevated to the throne and right is trampled and waiting at the gallows
One line of thinking suggests it is so bad we may as well give a boost to yet another fleshly sin. Since criminals are allowed to participate with no problems from the law, why not others?
Another concept is concern about being on the wrong side of history since people are changing their opinion, so just join the crowd.
The third group believe just one more ungodly decision by our leaders will no doubt lead to the end times for the nation.
I believe that the present situation is a disgrace to our “Pledge of Allegiance”, also both our military and our forefathers who have given so much to protect our freedoms.
We have laws that are not enforced that would eliminate some participation of ungodly demands and criminal activity. I think the sin most damaging to our nation is the lie that started in the garden by the devil serpent. The devil has many advocates and their lies are so frequent that one cannot see or hear the news without wondering if it is truth or fabrication.
Almost any crime committed has a lie entwined in it at some point. How many killings, murders, rapes, robbery and financial losses could have been eliminated if the culprit had been arrested for lying prior to another crime?
Now, they say everybody lies and that makes it not enforceable or some such excuse.
Lies are not limited to politics, nationality, age, color, profession, stranger or neighbor.
The lies have led to leaders in power playing God but working for the devil. We as a nation cannot depend on help from them.
These verses by Helen Steiner Rice in a poem of tribute to JFK are very pertinent:
“For unless ‘God is guard’, John Kennedy said, ‘We’re standing unguarded’ with dreams that are dead. For a nation too proud to bend down and pray will crumble to chaos and descend to decay.”
Yes, I too believe what this politician stated that spiritual power from above is our only hope to save the nation. Belief in God is not enough as the devil also believes but is destined for hell; May God’s will be done on Earth as in heaven.
Will you be counted among the faithful found standing on the rock knowing all others are sinking in sand? The Bible is the best history book and we know that the truth wins in the end.
Thank you for opportunity to speak out.
— Ruby K. Cook
Truth will win out in the end
Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014
• Telling the truth about smoking
• Larger energy bills on the way, thanks to EPA
• Embrace the compassion, not self-righteousness
• Wondering about country’s leaders
• New amendments have hurt country
- Readers’ Forum: July 11, 2014
READERS' FORUM: July 10, 2014
• Herb Faire a great success
• Appreciation for a ‘lovely angel’
• Thanks for stirring fireworks show
Readers’ Forum: July 9, 2014
• Don’t eliminate our six-day mail
• Zamperini death stirs memories
Readers’ Forum: July 8, 2014
• T-S ignores common decency
• Lighten up on Donald Sterling
• Time to reject Dems in Congress
• Fueling the EPA
Readers’ Forum: July 7, 2014
• The moral issue is major issue
Readers’ Forum: July 6, 2014
• Coats ignoring climate science
• Do those mustache posters exist?
• Utility rate freeze took determination
• What perversion is next in line?
• Opinions vary, but voters will decide
• This preaching must stop — now
• Golf fundraiser a huge success
- Readers’ Forum: July 4, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 3, 2014
• Over the top on immigration
- Readers’ Forum: July 2, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 1, 2014
• Defying the laws of God
• Correcting the written record
• Hands of $$ from Redevelopment
• Celebrity visit for celebration
Readers’ Forum: June 30, 2014
• Don’t be victim of home repair scam
• Ending unfair tax practices
Readers’ Forum: June 29, 2014
• The sexual revolution strikes again
• Country sinks to new lows
• Saddened by the headlines
• Opinions not same as facts
• Letter meets with approval
• The real ‘truth’ sometimes hurts
• Applause for great musical
• Raising minimum wage hurts us
• Gratitude to camp sponsors
• More to the city’s mosquito problem
- Readers’ Forum: June 27, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 26, 2014
• Misunderstandings about the lovely, messy mulberry
Flashpoint: Address growing cyber threats
Over the past several months, we have seen firsthand that threats to our nation’s cyber security are real and growing.
- Readers' Forum: June 25, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 24, 2014
• Be careful in extreme heat
• Public workers serve us well
• Show us those mustache posters
Readers’ Forum: June 23, 2014
• It’s not hate, it’s just the truth
• Lousing up a very good day
Readers’ Forum: June 22, 2014
• Traffic signals need attention
• Current, future state of Iraq
• ISU focusing on returning adult students
• Activist’s passion for a better world
• Don’t waste your vote yet again
- Readers' Forum: June 20, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 19, 2014
• Coroner ruling seemed ‘absolute’
• Abusers should get what they deserve
Readers’ Forum: June 18, 2014
• Kasem lent voice to help animals
• What are we paying for?
Readers’ Forum: June 17, 2014
• Standing against same-sex unions
• JA seeks alumni for celebration
Readers’ Forum: June 16, 2014
Criticism of coroner ruling based on false assumptions
Readers’ Forum: June 15, 2014
• D-Day stories still spark deep emotions today
• A cold case that deserves new attention
• Don’t change this Indy 500 tradition
• Indoctrination, not education
• Superb service from car dealer
• Great book recommended
Readers’ Forum: June 14, 2014
Disputing ‘facts’ of recent letter
- Readers’ Forum: June 13, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 12, 2014
• D-Day stories are worth remembering
• Tommy John speech handled with class
• No apologies
- Readers' Forum: June 11, 2014
- More Letters Headlines
- Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014