Truth will win out in the end
Wrong has been elevated to the throne and right is trampled and waiting at the gallows
One line of thinking suggests it is so bad we may as well give a boost to yet another fleshly sin. Since criminals are allowed to participate with no problems from the law, why not others?
Another concept is concern about being on the wrong side of history since people are changing their opinion, so just join the crowd.
The third group believe just one more ungodly decision by our leaders will no doubt lead to the end times for the nation.
I believe that the present situation is a disgrace to our “Pledge of Allegiance”, also both our military and our forefathers who have given so much to protect our freedoms.
We have laws that are not enforced that would eliminate some participation of ungodly demands and criminal activity. I think the sin most damaging to our nation is the lie that started in the garden by the devil serpent. The devil has many advocates and their lies are so frequent that one cannot see or hear the news without wondering if it is truth or fabrication.
Almost any crime committed has a lie entwined in it at some point. How many killings, murders, rapes, robbery and financial losses could have been eliminated if the culprit had been arrested for lying prior to another crime?
Now, they say everybody lies and that makes it not enforceable or some such excuse.
Lies are not limited to politics, nationality, age, color, profession, stranger or neighbor.
The lies have led to leaders in power playing God but working for the devil. We as a nation cannot depend on help from them.
These verses by Helen Steiner Rice in a poem of tribute to JFK are very pertinent:
“For unless ‘God is guard’, John Kennedy said, ‘We’re standing unguarded’ with dreams that are dead. For a nation too proud to bend down and pray will crumble to chaos and descend to decay.”
Yes, I too believe what this politician stated that spiritual power from above is our only hope to save the nation. Belief in God is not enough as the devil also believes but is destined for hell; May God’s will be done on Earth as in heaven.
Will you be counted among the faithful found standing on the rock knowing all others are sinking in sand? The Bible is the best history book and we know that the truth wins in the end.
Thank you for opportunity to speak out.
— Ruby K. Cook
Truth will win out in the end
- Readers’ Forum: July 25, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 24, 2014
• Clinic will expand basic health access
• Misunderstanding truth about Islam
- Readers’ Forum: July 23, 2014
Readers’ forum: July 22, 2014
• Supt. Ritz has right to govern
• A tribute to a teacher
• Rep. Pelosi shows ‘bungling idiocy’
Readers’ forum: July 20, 2014
• ‘Hotel Indiana’ has a sour tune
• Kind words about the newspaper
• Some questions about RTL video
• No mercy for cop killers
• Crack down on gun violence
• Anti-Dem tirades mask GOP failures
• Important day for participants
• Appreciation for support
FLASHPOINT: Solve our border crisis
More than 60,000 unaccompanied alien children — mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — have been apprehended on America’s southern border during this fiscal year.
Flashpoint: Will Gov. Pence be true to his word?
This is written in response to recent remarks made by State Board of Education members.
- Readers’ Forum: July 18, 2014
READERS’ FORUM: July 17, 2014
• Civil rights and burning cities
• Quality service from Baesler’s
FLAHSPOINT: Supt. Glenda Ritz ‘creating conflict’
It has been my pleasure for the past year to serve as the newest member of the Indiana State Board of Education. I bring a fresh perspective to the board as an attorney and business executive who served as Director of Economic Development under former Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson and President of the Indy Partnership, a regional economic development organization charged with recruiting new companies to our state.
Readers’ Forum: July 16, 2014
• The truth about property taxes
Readers’ Forum: July 15, 2014
• Are Fed policies hurting America?
• Staying true to code of respect
Readers’ Forum: July 14, 2014
• Where did the 61 cents go?
Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014
• Telling the truth about smoking
• Larger energy bills on the way, thanks to EPA
• Embrace the compassion, not self-righteousness
• Wondering about country’s leaders
• New amendments have hurt country
- Readers’ Forum: July 11, 2014
READERS' FORUM: July 10, 2014
• Herb Faire a great success
• Appreciation for a ‘lovely angel’
• Thanks for stirring fireworks show
Readers’ Forum: July 9, 2014
• Don’t eliminate our six-day mail
• Zamperini death stirs memories
Readers’ Forum: July 8, 2014
• T-S ignores common decency
• Lighten up on Donald Sterling
• Time to reject Dems in Congress
• Fueling the EPA
Readers’ Forum: July 7, 2014
• The moral issue is major issue
Readers’ Forum: July 6, 2014
• Coats ignoring climate science
• Do those mustache posters exist?
• Utility rate freeze took determination
• What perversion is next in line?
• Opinions vary, but voters will decide
• This preaching must stop — now
• Golf fundraiser a huge success
- Readers’ Forum: July 4, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 3, 2014
• Over the top on immigration
- Readers’ Forum: July 2, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 1, 2014
• Defying the laws of God
• Correcting the written record
• Hands of $$ from Redevelopment
• Celebrity visit for celebration
Readers’ Forum: June 30, 2014
• Don’t be victim of home repair scam
• Ending unfair tax practices
Readers’ Forum: June 29, 2014
• The sexual revolution strikes again
• Country sinks to new lows
• Saddened by the headlines
• Opinions not same as facts
• Letter meets with approval
• The real ‘truth’ sometimes hurts
• Applause for great musical
• Raising minimum wage hurts us
• Gratitude to camp sponsors
• More to the city’s mosquito problem
- Readers’ Forum: June 27, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 26, 2014
• Misunderstandings about the lovely, messy mulberry
Flashpoint: Address growing cyber threats
Over the past several months, we have seen firsthand that threats to our nation’s cyber security are real and growing.
- Readers' Forum: June 25, 2014
- More Letters Headlines