Many help make award possible
On behalf of Art Spaces Inc. and Arts Illiana, we would like to thank the Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for the 2013 Level Above Vision Award that our organizations recently received for 2013 Year of the River. This is a significant honor and one that we share credit for with many others.
We wish to acknowledge the sponsor of this event, Indiana State University, for its generosity and President Dan Bradley’s kind words about 2013 Year of the River and our organizations’ work in this community.
Steve Letsinger, curator at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, has been a partner in this yearlong celebration of the Wabash River, and the two years of planning leading up to it, and so we share this accolade with him. Special thanks also to Lorrie Heber, president of Our Green Valley Alliance for Sustainability, for her input and participation all along the way.
2013 Year of the River only achieved the level of excitement and success that it did due to enthusiastic involvement from many organizations, groups and individuals in and around Terre Haute who planned and presented events.
They are too numerous to mention but can be found on the website, www.2013yearoftheriver.com. It has been inspiring to see these remarkable collaborators and participants help to celebrate the Wabash River, and also to consider ways we can plan together to better incorporate this magnificent natural resource as a part of our city.
The sponsors of 2013 Year of the River made it possible for us to generate a tremendous level of awareness throughout our region, as well as in other parts of the state and even beyond our borders. Many thanks to the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, Miller
White and Indiana State University. Contributions from the Terre Haute Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Tribune-Star also proved instrumental in spreading the word. We are grateful to them all.
In closing, we would like to thank the board of directors and members of the Education Committee of Art Spaces and the board of directors of Arts Illiana for their support. This is a fantastic community which is eager to engage with, appreciate and always ready for more arts.
— Mary Kramer, Art Spaces
— Jon Robeson, Arts Illiana
Appreciation for assistance
We would like to say thank you to the TransCare ambulance driver and to the Terre Haute police officer, Mr. Toney. We were in the process of taking our daughter’s car to the mechanic when it stalled at Seventh and Davis at approximately 6 p.m. The ambulance driver called city police to monitor traffic for us.
We do deeply appreciate the service given to us by Officer Toney and others who offered assistance.
Thanks again for everything.
— Pat and Linda O’Connell
Many help make award possible
- Readers’ Forum: July 30, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 29, 2014
• Anything goes with the liberals
• Deserter does not deserve discharge
• Outrage lacking on IRS scandal
Readers’ Forum: July 28, 2014
• Tea party folks misunderstood
• We have only us to blame
- Readers' Forum: July 27, 2014
Flashpoint: Why incumbents keep getting re-elected
Nearly three-quarters of Americans want to throw out most members of Congress, including their own representative, yet the vast majority of incumbents will be returning to Capitol Hill in January.
Flashpoint: Spreading the good word about marriage equality
If you blinked over the past month, you probably missed some news about marriage equality in Indiana.
- Readers’ Forum: July 25, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 24, 2014
• Clinic will expand basic health access
• Misunderstanding truth about Islam
- Readers’ Forum: July 23, 2014
Readers’ forum: July 22, 2014
• Supt. Ritz has right to govern
• A tribute to a teacher
• Rep. Pelosi shows ‘bungling idiocy’
Readers’ forum: July 20, 2014
• ‘Hotel Indiana’ has a sour tune
• Kind words about the newspaper
• Some questions about RTL video
• No mercy for cop killers
• Crack down on gun violence
• Anti-Dem tirades mask GOP failures
• Important day for participants
• Appreciation for support
FLASHPOINT: Solve our border crisis
More than 60,000 unaccompanied alien children — mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — have been apprehended on America’s southern border during this fiscal year.
Flashpoint: Will Gov. Pence be true to his word?
This is written in response to recent remarks made by State Board of Education members.
- Readers’ Forum: July 18, 2014
READERS’ FORUM: July 17, 2014
• Civil rights and burning cities
• Quality service from Baesler’s
FLAHSPOINT: Supt. Glenda Ritz ‘creating conflict’
It has been my pleasure for the past year to serve as the newest member of the Indiana State Board of Education. I bring a fresh perspective to the board as an attorney and business executive who served as Director of Economic Development under former Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson and President of the Indy Partnership, a regional economic development organization charged with recruiting new companies to our state.
Readers’ Forum: July 16, 2014
• The truth about property taxes
Readers’ Forum: July 15, 2014
• Are Fed policies hurting America?
• Staying true to code of respect
Readers’ Forum: July 14, 2014
• Where did the 61 cents go?
Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014
• Telling the truth about smoking
• Larger energy bills on the way, thanks to EPA
• Embrace the compassion, not self-righteousness
• Wondering about country’s leaders
• New amendments have hurt country
- Readers’ Forum: July 11, 2014
READERS' FORUM: July 10, 2014
• Herb Faire a great success
• Appreciation for a ‘lovely angel’
• Thanks for stirring fireworks show
Readers’ Forum: July 9, 2014
• Don’t eliminate our six-day mail
• Zamperini death stirs memories
Readers’ Forum: July 8, 2014
• T-S ignores common decency
• Lighten up on Donald Sterling
• Time to reject Dems in Congress
• Fueling the EPA
Readers’ Forum: July 7, 2014
• The moral issue is major issue
Readers’ Forum: July 6, 2014
• Coats ignoring climate science
• Do those mustache posters exist?
• Utility rate freeze took determination
• What perversion is next in line?
• Opinions vary, but voters will decide
• This preaching must stop — now
• Golf fundraiser a huge success
- Readers’ Forum: July 4, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 3, 2014
• Over the top on immigration
- Readers’ Forum: July 2, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 1, 2014
• Defying the laws of God
• Correcting the written record
• Hands of $$ from Redevelopment
• Celebrity visit for celebration
- More Letters Headlines