TERRE HAUTE —
Great find for new residents
My husband and I recently moved to North Terre Haute from Linton. We are both students at Ivy Tech and like most the slowdown of the economy has not helped our situation.
We were out looking for household items and furniture for our new home when we came across a re-sale shop called Another Man’s Treasure located at 4991 N. Lafayette. We met the owner, Lynn Allen, who was a great individual and huge help in finding what we needed for our home. We told him our situation of moving and he proceeded to show us his store which was full of items, most of which we could use, and we could not believe the low pricing on the gently used items he showed us.
We were not able to find everything we needed at this location, so Lynn told us after he closed up for the day here, he would take us to his other shop located at 1437 Ohio St., even though it is only open the first and third Saturday of the month.
We were very excited about this and agreed to meet him. We met Lynn and were astonished at the low prices that were on the large furniture pieces he had at this shop. We were also excited that not only did we get the furniture and household items we needed, we were also able to knock out a lot of our Christmas shopping at these two establishments by finding and buying some items that are hand crafted by a local who lives in North Terre Haute.
I just wanted to say that if Lynn’s kindness and friendliness is any indication of what Terre Haute holds, then we are going to love living here. We encourage you to visit Another Man’s Treasure. You will not be sorry and will get treated very well.
— Shannon Felker
TERRE HAUTE —
Great find for new residents
- Readers’ Forum: July 25, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 24, 2014
• Clinic will expand basic health access
• Misunderstanding truth about Islam
- Readers’ Forum: July 23, 2014
Readers’ forum: July 22, 2014
• Supt. Ritz has right to govern
• A tribute to a teacher
• Rep. Pelosi shows ‘bungling idiocy’
Readers’ forum: July 20, 2014
• ‘Hotel Indiana’ has a sour tune
• Kind words about the newspaper
• Some questions about RTL video
• No mercy for cop killers
• Crack down on gun violence
• Anti-Dem tirades mask GOP failures
• Important day for participants
• Appreciation for support
FLASHPOINT: Solve our border crisis
More than 60,000 unaccompanied alien children — mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — have been apprehended on America’s southern border during this fiscal year.
Flashpoint: Will Gov. Pence be true to his word?
This is written in response to recent remarks made by State Board of Education members.
- Readers’ Forum: July 18, 2014
READERS’ FORUM: July 17, 2014
• Civil rights and burning cities
• Quality service from Baesler’s
FLAHSPOINT: Supt. Glenda Ritz ‘creating conflict’
It has been my pleasure for the past year to serve as the newest member of the Indiana State Board of Education. I bring a fresh perspective to the board as an attorney and business executive who served as Director of Economic Development under former Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson and President of the Indy Partnership, a regional economic development organization charged with recruiting new companies to our state.
Readers’ Forum: July 16, 2014
• The truth about property taxes
Readers’ Forum: July 15, 2014
• Are Fed policies hurting America?
• Staying true to code of respect
Readers’ Forum: July 14, 2014
• Where did the 61 cents go?
Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014
• Telling the truth about smoking
• Larger energy bills on the way, thanks to EPA
• Embrace the compassion, not self-righteousness
• Wondering about country’s leaders
• New amendments have hurt country
- Readers’ Forum: July 11, 2014
READERS' FORUM: July 10, 2014
• Herb Faire a great success
• Appreciation for a ‘lovely angel’
• Thanks for stirring fireworks show
Readers’ Forum: July 9, 2014
• Don’t eliminate our six-day mail
• Zamperini death stirs memories
Readers’ Forum: July 8, 2014
• T-S ignores common decency
• Lighten up on Donald Sterling
• Time to reject Dems in Congress
• Fueling the EPA
Readers’ Forum: July 7, 2014
• The moral issue is major issue
Readers’ Forum: July 6, 2014
• Coats ignoring climate science
• Do those mustache posters exist?
• Utility rate freeze took determination
• What perversion is next in line?
• Opinions vary, but voters will decide
• This preaching must stop — now
• Golf fundraiser a huge success
- Readers’ Forum: July 4, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 3, 2014
• Over the top on immigration
- Readers’ Forum: July 2, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 1, 2014
• Defying the laws of God
• Correcting the written record
• Hands of $$ from Redevelopment
• Celebrity visit for celebration
Readers’ Forum: June 30, 2014
• Don’t be victim of home repair scam
• Ending unfair tax practices
Readers’ Forum: June 29, 2014
• The sexual revolution strikes again
• Country sinks to new lows
• Saddened by the headlines
• Opinions not same as facts
• Letter meets with approval
• The real ‘truth’ sometimes hurts
• Applause for great musical
• Raising minimum wage hurts us
• Gratitude to camp sponsors
• More to the city’s mosquito problem
- Readers’ Forum: June 27, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 26, 2014
• Misunderstandings about the lovely, messy mulberry
Flashpoint: Address growing cyber threats
Over the past several months, we have seen firsthand that threats to our nation’s cyber security are real and growing.
- Readers' Forum: June 25, 2014
- More Letters Headlines