Hello! Anyone listening in D.C.?
The president told Boehner, “We don’t have a spending problem”!! Hello!!! Economists have said the only other way to lower the debt is through taxation, which would drive this country into a double-dip recession or possibly depression!!!
Hello!!! The Democrat-controlled Senate wants the president to use executive order to raise the debt ceiling. Hello!! Common sense, which seems to be lacking in the Democrat Senate, which hasn’t passed a budget as required by law in over 1000 days, is gone!! If they had passed a budget, we wouldn’t be in this mess. Hello!!
Look, people, I don’t care if you are Democrat or Republican, China is warning us that our debt is too high, our credit rating has been lowered, we have cut back on NASA, now our military and talking about cutting Medicare and Social Security. These steps are not necessary if you have low debt and money in the bank. Bet you didn’t know that China is not buying our debt now, the Federal Reserve is!!!! We are printing more money to cover our debt, which will slowly make our dollar worth less, impacting the purchasing power of all Americans, period!!
As a final comment, the debt limit debate is coming up along with sequestration and this should be the hottest topic in Washington to keep it from becoming a crisis like the debt ceiling did, but instead they want to talk gun control and immigration!! Crazy!! We will have another crisis and the Senate, and again, senators will have two hours to read a 600-page bill that will be very complicated, and expected to vote or shut the government down. So, put anything you want in that bill (whoever writes it); it will not be read. Wish I could write these bills.
— Fred Roberts
Pink Ladies event brings big results
The third annual Pink Ladies Night Series at Crossroads Dragway was another amazing success for the Wabash Valley Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Neysa and Zack Jones and Tammy and Randy Peters initiated Pink Ladies Night at Crossroads Dragway to make a difference in the battle against breast cancer. Everyone at the Friday night events stepped up and made the event a winner for those participating and those women and men in the Wabash Valley facing breast cancer.
The power and energy from drag racing not only showed on the track but also in Neysa, Zach, Tammy and Randy’s commitment to make a difference in their community to end breast cancer. Thank you to all for your support in 2012 and in the upcoming 2013 season. Race on!
— Gwen Hicks
Wabash Valley Affiliate of
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Stranger’s help greatly appreciated
I want to thank the kind lady who stopped her car on South Seventh Street when she saw my elderly mother take a bad fall. She took her inside, got her an ice pack and waited with her until I got there.
I neglected getting her name but hope she knows how much her thoughtfulness is appreciated.
— Linda Barnhart
Hello! Anyone listening in D.C.?
- Readers’ Forum: July 25, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 24, 2014
• Clinic will expand basic health access
• Misunderstanding truth about Islam
- Readers’ Forum: July 23, 2014
Readers’ forum: July 22, 2014
• Supt. Ritz has right to govern
• A tribute to a teacher
• Rep. Pelosi shows ‘bungling idiocy’
Readers’ forum: July 20, 2014
• ‘Hotel Indiana’ has a sour tune
• Kind words about the newspaper
• Some questions about RTL video
• No mercy for cop killers
• Crack down on gun violence
• Anti-Dem tirades mask GOP failures
• Important day for participants
• Appreciation for support
FLASHPOINT: Solve our border crisis
More than 60,000 unaccompanied alien children — mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — have been apprehended on America’s southern border during this fiscal year.
Flashpoint: Will Gov. Pence be true to his word?
This is written in response to recent remarks made by State Board of Education members.
- Readers’ Forum: July 18, 2014
READERS’ FORUM: July 17, 2014
• Civil rights and burning cities
• Quality service from Baesler’s
FLAHSPOINT: Supt. Glenda Ritz ‘creating conflict’
It has been my pleasure for the past year to serve as the newest member of the Indiana State Board of Education. I bring a fresh perspective to the board as an attorney and business executive who served as Director of Economic Development under former Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson and President of the Indy Partnership, a regional economic development organization charged with recruiting new companies to our state.
Readers’ Forum: July 16, 2014
• The truth about property taxes
Readers’ Forum: July 15, 2014
• Are Fed policies hurting America?
• Staying true to code of respect
Readers’ Forum: July 14, 2014
• Where did the 61 cents go?
Readers’ Forum: July 13, 2014
• Telling the truth about smoking
• Larger energy bills on the way, thanks to EPA
• Embrace the compassion, not self-righteousness
• Wondering about country’s leaders
• New amendments have hurt country
- Readers’ Forum: July 11, 2014
READERS' FORUM: July 10, 2014
• Herb Faire a great success
• Appreciation for a ‘lovely angel’
• Thanks for stirring fireworks show
Readers’ Forum: July 9, 2014
• Don’t eliminate our six-day mail
• Zamperini death stirs memories
Readers’ Forum: July 8, 2014
• T-S ignores common decency
• Lighten up on Donald Sterling
• Time to reject Dems in Congress
• Fueling the EPA
Readers’ Forum: July 7, 2014
• The moral issue is major issue
Readers’ Forum: July 6, 2014
• Coats ignoring climate science
• Do those mustache posters exist?
• Utility rate freeze took determination
• What perversion is next in line?
• Opinions vary, but voters will decide
• This preaching must stop — now
• Golf fundraiser a huge success
- Readers’ Forum: July 4, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 3, 2014
• Over the top on immigration
- Readers’ Forum: July 2, 2014
Readers’ Forum: July 1, 2014
• Defying the laws of God
• Correcting the written record
• Hands of $$ from Redevelopment
• Celebrity visit for celebration
Readers’ Forum: June 30, 2014
• Don’t be victim of home repair scam
• Ending unfair tax practices
Readers’ Forum: June 29, 2014
• The sexual revolution strikes again
• Country sinks to new lows
• Saddened by the headlines
• Opinions not same as facts
• Letter meets with approval
• The real ‘truth’ sometimes hurts
• Applause for great musical
• Raising minimum wage hurts us
• Gratitude to camp sponsors
• More to the city’s mosquito problem
- Readers’ Forum: June 27, 2014
Readers’ Forum: June 26, 2014
• Misunderstandings about the lovely, messy mulberry
Flashpoint: Address growing cyber threats
Over the past several months, we have seen firsthand that threats to our nation’s cyber security are real and growing.
- Readers' Forum: June 25, 2014
- More Letters Headlines