Perhaps someone out there can help me with something I’ve been working on for quite a few years. I have in my possession some old photographs of the Monaghan and Peer families of Dana in Vermillion County, Indiana. The family of Lawrence Monaghan (born in Canada c. 1860) lived first in Dana and later in Terre Haute. Mr. Monaghan’s wife was Sarah Peer (born c. 1874 in Indiana), and they had five children who lived to adulthood: Margaret, Mary, Edward, Lawrence, and Jesse. A sixth child, Tom, died in childhood. One or both of the daughters worked in banks. Jesse at one time worked for the Gillis Drug Store in Terre Haute, and Larry, when older, was for years a ticket taker at the Indiana Theater in Terre Haute. None of the five children ever married. I lived next door to Mary, Jesse, and Lawrence in their last years of life.
They were cousins of the Peer family of Dana. The only names I know from this family are Frank Peer, Caroline Peer (who was a good quilt maker), and Jesse L. Peer (who owned the Dana Clothing Store).
Around the summer of 1995, I ran a newspaper query about the photos, and a woman from Greenwood, Indiana, who was a first cousin of the Monaghans, answered. I gave her what I thought was all of the photos of her family. She was very moved by them. Then several years later I discovered I still had more photos, but by then had lost her name and was unable to contact her. I ran a second query but found no family members wanting the photos.
Anyone related to these two families and wanting the photos or anyone who knows who this Greenwood woman was, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 460-1230. Thanks, Tamie Dehler.
• I’m researching the Keltz family in Vigo, Vermillion, Pulaski, Starke, LaPorte, St. Joseph, Cass, Marshall, and Clay counties, Indiana. I would appreciate any genealogy information on this family. Please contact Tony Keltz, Sr., at email email@example.com. Thank you very much!
• William Coffman, my third great grandfather, was born in 1782 in Virginia and died July 12, 1833, in Clay County, Indiana. However, I cannot find anything on him in Clay County or on Find A Grave. I need all the help I can get on this. Please contact Jerry Coffman at email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
• Trying to find the burial place for Tabitha, wife of William Allen. She died in Parke County, Indiana, on June 30, 1879. Also looking for her sons Robert L. Allen, died Sept. 14, 1866, and William E. Allen, died 30 April 30, 1879. The family later moved to Missouri. Any information is appreciated. Marilyn Walker, email email@example.com.
• I’m doing research on the Ligget family in Vermilion County, Illinois. On the 1850 census, I find George, Rachel, Julia, David, and Sarah Ligget. George removed to Klikitat County, Washington Territory on the 1860 census. He then removed to Idaho and is found on the 1870 and 1880 censuses. He died in Cassia County, Idaho, in 1893. I need your help on this family. Thanks, David Humpherys, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A program featuring the Montgomery, Parke, and Fountain counties GenWeb pages will be staged at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Vigo County Public Library. The speaker will be Karen Bazanni Zach. The presentation is free to the public; no registration required.