TERRE HAUTE —
The top four finishers in each event from last week’s Terre Haute North, Evansville Central, Jasper and Princeton boys high school track and field sectionals will converge on Evansville Central today for regional competition.
The first event will start at 6:30 p.m. EDT.
Among the Wabash Valley athletes who qualified for this regional:
• Terre Haute North junior Jordan Moothery (first in the sectional), Clay City senior Grant Prindiville and Riverton Parke senior Adam Wilson (fourth) in the 100-meter dash.
• Terre Haute South senior Tyler Seibert (first in the sectional), Moothery (second), South junior Logan Deady (third) and Northview junior Ian Heffner (fourth) in the 200.
• Seibert (first in the sectional), Cloverdale junior Bret Brumfield (second), West Vigo junior Tyler Tolerson (third) and West Vigo senior Daniel Mackey (fourth) in the 400.
• South junior Riley Stohler (first in the sectional), South Putnam junior Hunter Barr (second), Greencastle senior Tyler Hudson (third) and Cloverdale sophomore Jacob Waycott (fourth) in the 800.
• Stohler (first in the sectional), North sophomore Peter Davis (second), South senior Logan Hambrock (third) and North junior Ryan Moshes (fourth) in the 1,600.
• South junior Jackson Bertoli (first in the sectional), North senior Justin Clapp (second), South senior Devon Fuson (third) and Davis (fourth) in the 3,200.
• North senior Cameron Stewart (first in the sectional), South senior Jeremy Patterson (second), North senior Cole Seward (third) and South senior Alex Cole (fourth) in the 100 hurdles.
• Stewart (first in the sectional), Patterson (second), Heffner (third) and Seward (fourth) in the 300 hurdles.
• North, South, Northview and South Putnam in the 400 relay; North, South, Cloverdale and Greencastle in the 1,600 relay; and South, North, Greencastle and West Vigo in the 3,200 relay.
• North Central freshman Neal Greene (first in the sectional), South Putnam junior Klayton Vittetow (second) and North junior Matthew Jenkins (third) in the high jump.
• South junior Will Howard (first in the sectional), North sophomore Zach Potter (second), South senior Derik Whalen (third) and North sophomore Tyler Nemeth (fourth) in the pole vault.
• Seibert (first in the sectional), Northview sophomore Aaron Brown (second) and Moothery (third) in the long jump.
• North senior Lee Davis (first in the sectional), South Putnam senior Ryan Chestnut (second) and South senior Bobby Bennett (third) in the shot put.
• Lee Davis (first in the sectional), South senior Nic Keller (second), Bennett (third) and Clay City junior Josh Miller (fourth) in the discus.
“I’m excited we have 15 boys competing,” South coach Kyle Walsh said. “I think we can score a pretty good amount of points in the regional. Two things we’ll focus on are getting as many individuals to the state as possible and finishing our season — for those who won’t be going to the state meet — with their best performances of the year.”
Walsh named a few individuals whom he thinks are likely to place in the top three today and move on to the state finals May 31 at Bloomington — Seibert, Stohler, Hambrock, Bertoli, Patterson, Keller, Howard, Whalen and the Braves’ 3,200 relay squad.
Admission is $7 at each regional location.