TERRE HAUTE —
There will be a mental health first aid course with Youth MHFA certification from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on June 21 at the Human Resources Center, 118 E. Court, Paris, Ill.
The course costs $36 and includes eight hours of instruction, snacks, a training manual and other written materials.
The course is limited to 30 participants. Certification is recommended for parents and grandparents, family service entities, employers of youth, school personnel, caring citizens, community leaders, primary care workers and high school seniors.
To register or to request a parent/grandparent scholarship, call 217-465-4118 and ask for Ken Polky by June 19.
Why Youth Mental Health First Aid?
• Mental health problems often develop during adolescence
• Warning signs can be difficult to distinguish from typical adolescent development
• Youth and adults experience mental health problems differently
• Youth may not be well informed
• Misunderstanding and discrimination is associated with mental health challenges