My mother-in-law, Bauneta, was always cooking when Gene and I got married.
She was such a wonderful lady and a great cook. She always took this cake to reunions or anywhere she was going. It is easy to make.
In the summer, when it is so hot, and you want a glass of lemonade — well this is it, only in a cake form. It seems to cool you down.
1 box lemon gelatin
1 cup hot water
• Mix together and let cool.
1 box Lemon Supreme cake mix
3⁄4 cup oil
• Mix cake mix, eggs and oil for two minutes at medium speed.
• Add cooled gelatin a little at a time. Mix well.
• Pour into a 9- by 13-inch prepared pan.
• Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade, thawed
1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
• Mix well.
• Take cake out of oven and poke holes with meat fork close together on top of cake. Be sure to go completely over the cake.
• Pour lemonade mixture over the top of cake. Let cool.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.