It’s getting time for blueberries, strawberries and cherries. This crunch recipe can be used with any fresh fruit. Use sugar-free cake mix for your diabetics. Use sweeteners instead of sugar. I’ll give it to you as I got it, but you can make it up either way.
3 cups blueberries
1 box yellow cake mix
1⁄2 cup nuts, your choice
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1⁄4 cup sugar
- Spray a 9- by- 13-inch cake pan. Add blueberries and3⁄4 cup of sugar into pan.
- Mix cake mix, nuts, butter and1⁄4 cup sugar together (will be crumbly).
- Pour evenly over blueberries.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Slit the top and bake for another 15 minutes.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.