Special to the Tribune-Star
The church women conduct a meeting once a month, and about two years ago Marjorie Shafer had the group come to her home.
She had fixed refreshments for after the meeting.
We all enjoyed this dessert. It had been a very hot day, so this was refreshing. You can make it ahead of time and freeze.
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Dessert
A half galon of vanilla ice cream
1 package Oreos
1 large jar hot fudge or 2 small jars
1 large container Cool Whip.
• Crush the Oreos. Put two-thirds in the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch pan.
• Soften the ice cream just enough so that it can be sliced. Lay it on top of the cookies.
• Heat hot fudge and spread it on the ice cream.
• Spread whipped cream on top of the ice cream.
• Add the rest of the crushed Oreos, and drizzle hot chocolate syrup on top.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.