TERRE HAUTE —
I’m always looking for chicken recipes that are easy and quick. This is both. I got this from Mom, and it’s oh so good. She got it from the Green Country Cookbook from Bartlesville, Okla. I always liked Beef Wellington; here is one for chicken. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all have. Mrs. Jack Hammond shared this. Thanks.
Chicken Breasts Wellington
2 large chicken breasts, whole
1 can crescent dinner rolls.
4 ounces soft white cheese with either pepper or garlic pepper (I use pepper jack)
• Cover chicken breast with water and simmer 20 minutes.
• Cool. Remove skin and bones and cut in half.
• Spread rolls on a pastry board and pinch perforations together.
• Divide into four squares.
• Sprinkle with pepper (unless there is pepper in the cheese).
• Spread cheese on chicken breasts.
• Wrap breasts in roll (can decorate with extra dough).
• Brush pastry with beaten egg.
• Bake until golden brown.
1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon wine vinegar
1⁄8 cup corn oil
• Blend dry mustard, brown sugar, wine vinegar and oil in a saucepan.
• Simmer five minutes.
• Spoon over pastry and serve.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.