When we went to Henry, Ill., this past summer, Amanda gave me a cookbook her church was selling, “Pleasures from the Good Earth,” by St. Mary Parish and Friends. I’ve enjoyed everything I have made from this book. With Halloween coming, try these inside hot dogs. You can get wooden skewers at the craft stores. There are also some in food stores. I thank Ruth Moeller and Helen Bogner for this recipe.
Halloween Hot Dogs
1 package hot dogs
1 cup ketchup
3 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
• Make sure you soak your wooden skewers in water so they won’t burn.
• Then put skewers into the end of each hot dog.
• Roll hot dogs in ketchup, then crushed Corn Flakes.
• Put directly on a sprayed cookie sheet.
• Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.