Special to the Tribune-Star
My boys always enjoyed pizza burgers. I bought a box one time.
That cost was too much for me. So I thought I can do this; I had forgotten how I made this. Well some of the grandkids were wanting to know how to do it.
The Holy Cross Church in Illinois had a recipe almost like mine. It’s not hard to make.
Everyone likes pizza. You can take this recipe and make for 1 or 2 or a larger crowd. Just make adjustments. Enjoy.
1 (11-ounce) package frozen Texas Toast slices
1 1⁄4 pounds hamburger
1 cup pizza sauce
18 slices pepperoni
12 slices mozzarella cheese
6 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• Sliced green pepper, black olives, optional
• Prepare 6 Texas Toast slices according to directions.
• Shape beef into 12 thin patties.
• Top 6 patties with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, 3 slices Pepperoni and 1 slice mozzarella cheese.
• Top with remaining patties, pressing edges to seal. Grill covered, over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side until done.
• In a skillet sauté mushrooms in butter.
• Top each burger with mushrooms, green peppers, etc. Parmesan Cheese and serve on Texas Toast.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.