Mark an e-mail at email@example.com, or give him a call at (812) 231-4377.
Speaking of Mark Bennett …
Mark was recently named Feature Writer of the Year by CNHI, the Tribune-Star’s parent company. In addition to a substantial monetary award, he was presented an impressive wall plaque by the company.
CNHI’s annual contest is extremely competitive. It is open to all of its 98 daily newspapers and 100-plus weekly publications. The Tribune-Star competes against newspapers with paid circulations above 12,000. The T-S circulation is approximately 25,000.
The award represents outstanding recognition for Mark’s exemplary work on behalf of our readers. We’re proud of Mark’s accomplishment and congratulate him.
I have more awards news:
The Tribune-Star won five awards — four of them for first place — in the annual Indiana Associated Press Managing Editor’s Newswriting and Photojournalism Contest. The awards were announced last Saturday during the annual Indiana APME Awards Banquet in Indianapolis.
The awards went to:
• Stephanie Salter, first place, editorial writing.
• Stephanie also won first place in the feature series category for three columns she wrote about changes in the Amber Alert system in wake of the kidnap and killing of a Terre Haute boy.
• Chad Steenerson, first place, headline writing.
• Joseph C. Garza, first place, sports photography.
• Joe also won third place in the multiple picture group category of the photo contest.
Hearty congratulations to Stephanie, Chad and Joe.
Jones can be reached at (812) 231-4336, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.